Starting Out

I

iris

I have Step N Motion, Mega Step Blast, Step Max, PS-Chest Shoulders and Triceps and PS-Strong Legs and ABS.

I am a 44 yo old mother of three and use to work out regularly back in my 20s and early 30s. I have now come to a time once again to give my body some attention. Could someone please suggest to me a rotation with the tapes that I do have? I will order more as time goes on, but sure could use some suggestions for now. I will start out with these tapes and would take suggestions on some new tapes after I get situated with what I have.
My goal? Need to lose about 25 lbs. and try to get some muscle tone back.
Thanks for your time here at the forum.

Patty
In NC

Hi Patty,

Looking at the videos you have, a good starting point would be alternating the PS videos with your step tapes. You might want to add some cardio onto the PS days such as walking, walk/runs, blading, soccor w/ the kids, etc. To prevent injuries & to maximize your results, mix up your cardio activities & not just rely on stepping. Most women find they have to do at least 5 days of cardio for weight loss (especially those of us who have already celebrated their 40th birthday).

Without PS Back, biceps & abs, you don't have a balanced strength training program. You need PS BB&A or a total body strength workout (e.g. MIS, BodyMax). With the PS tapes, you will probably get good results using each tape 1x each week. A total body workout should be done at least 2x each week, on non-consecutive days. The PS workouts are challenging, be sure to pick an appropriate weight. You might use your body weight only on the leg work is plenty to start with. Give yourself some time & if it's too much, post back for suggestions.

Be sure to take 1 day off each week, 2 if you need it. That doesn't mean you can't go for a recreational swim or walk, but you need to be gentle to your body.

Good luck.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.