SL&A Revisited

D

donna

Whoa..... I had tucked this away for awhile due to my concentrating on perfecting my form on Slow & Heavy. I did SL&A on Saturday...my buns and quads are still screaming! Does anyone else feel that SL&A is hands down, the best lower body workout every created? It's my all time fav.

Just had to step in and drop my comment!

Having a beautiful day,
Donna
:D

Hi Donna! I agree with you totally. I love this workout. I hope cathe comes out with another tape with floor work. It's killer! I love the stretch right after the inner thigh work, where cathe goes "Oooooo!" - I always have the same reaction :) And those sit n' stand squats - my legs shake every time, but I love it!

marnie

Hey Donna!

I just tucked my S&H Series away also after using it for 4 weeks straight. I am also starting the PS Series. I did CS&T this morning. (I am going to have to UP my weight next time as my normal weight was too light! :-jumpy) I will be doing SL&A's on Wednesday and I know, like you, I will have screaming legs for a couple of days. It has been a loooong time since I did this series but I remember SL&A is tough. I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday as I push thru it!! I LOVE the whole series!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Donna,
Yes, I sure agree with you---sometimes I have to work up my nerve to get going on SL&A, but once I'm done, I feel good inside. Not to mention, good sore for the next day or so!
Take Care.
Lori

Yes, yes, yes! More floor work, Miss Cathe, please! Yours is the very best!

Hi, you guys, I have a question on the weights Cathe uses when for her heavy sets during PS, particularly the standing leg work and the chest work. Is that 55 pounds on her barbell? It looks like 4 10 pound plate plus 15 for the bar itself but I am never sure. I love the newer tapes where she always tells us her weight as a guage. If it is 55, I just gotta say WOW! I can get pretty heavy on some things. I do 50(sometimes) for squats but when it gets to chest I max out at 35. Twenty-five is my limit for shoulders and biceps and I go way light on triceps because I injured my left elbow joint many years ago. I am always amazed at Cathe's muscle strength! I can match her pound for pound with Slow and Heavy because of the tempo.

Hey...Miss Debbie

>I just tucked my S&H Series
>away also after using it
>for 4 weeks straight. I
>am also starting the PS
>Series. I did CS&T this
>morning. (I am going to
>have to UP my weight
>next time as my normal
>weight was too light! :-jumpy)
>I will be doing SL&A's
>on Wednesday and I know,
>like you, I will have
>screaming legs for a couple
>of days. It has been
>a loooong time since I
>did this series but I
>remember SL&A is tough. I'll
>be thinking of you on

>Wednesday as I push thru
>it!! I LOVE the whole
>series!
>
> Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif
>If You Get The Choice
>To Sit It Out Or
>Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Sooooo....howyadoin? Survive SL&A yesterday? I did Power Hour Wednesday and love it more each time. Are your legs jello today?

Donna

I've been doing the PS series in a rotation for a while and all I've got to say is, I refuse to STOP doing SL&A because I'm too afraid to get sore again like I did at first!!! LOL! Cathe is so great!!

I know what you mean about her weights too! Sometimes I look at ALL the plates she has on her bar and just shake my head. Can that be possible, I fathom.....??? She's a dynamo!!

I know! I am giant compared to her and there I am taking plates off while she lifts and lifts, so effortlessly, talking all the while!

I agree with all of you - PS Legs and Abs is an awesome, killer leg & butt workout! I really love the floor work too, especially the outer thigh work with the Body Bar placed on the outside of the foot... my butt is screaming after this one! In fact, I often finish with this exercise after doing MIS legs or CTX Leaner Legs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.