Simple step video?

Shaz

Cathlete
Hi, I hope somebody who has some of Cathe's videos can answer this for me. I would like to buy a step video, but have limited experience with this kind of aerobics. Although I am fairly fit, I need a step workout that is not too complicated. The one time I went to a step class, I hardly did anything because my feet couldn't keep up with the complicated moves! Is there a Cathe step video that is easy to follow, but also really gets your heart rate going?
Thanks in advance,
Sharon.

Hi! If you're new to Cathe, I'd recommend her wedding video to start out with. I feel the step section is intense, but has the most basic moves of all of her tapes, plus you get an additional bonus of having an intro strength workout too. The strength part of this tape is also her simplest in my opinion. For a good non-Cathe beginner step tape, I'd recommend Kathy Smith's Power Step, she breaks down the moves well and her tempo is a tad slower than Cathe's.

:) Stacy

I agree with the Wedding video being a good starter video.
I also find StepMax very easy to follow yet gets my heartrate up. Any of Cathe's videos get the heartrate up.

Yikes... I would highly reccomend getting some step tapes for beginners, just to learn some basic moves, before you tackle Cathe. Kathy Smith or maybe Gin Miller would be a better intro to stepping. Then I would highly reccomend any and all of Cathe's tapes! Just wouldn't want you to get frustrated trying to use Cathe as your first step experience...
Good luck! :)
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.