S&H or Pure Strength

Angie124

Hey everyone

I am new here I have never used any of Cathys tapes - I am in shape have been working out steady for about 3 years. I have been looking for some variety in my workout and a friend of mine told me to check out her videos. I usually use my bowflex for weight and tae bo for cardio. I was wondering if someone who has used both S&H and PS could give me a brief description of the differences so I can see which one is suited for my needs. And also a good cardio one.

Thanks

You might want to do a search on "Cathe Video Help" title in "Ask Cathe' forum. In there, she discusses differences between her strength tapes. May be that will help you decide...

I gather that you have not done any stepping before. I do not know from experience a good cardio step tape, but I heard the Wedding tape is good to start with. You might also want to check out "Ask Cathe" forum with title "Beginner Step". Several people had suggestion for a good starter tape for stepping. You might also want to consider buying a good full size step if you decide you like stepping. www.fitness1st.com has a good price on it. Or you can go to the Firm Swap and buy a cheaper and smaller step (which I do not recommend for Cathe's tapes - you DO need the bigger step for her tapes) until you decide that you like/dislike stepping.

Cathe has Cardio Kicks, but I have never done it. May be somebody else can chime in about that. I mentioned Cardio Kicks since you said you have done Tae Bo.

Good luck!

Haslina

Welcome Angie! I think you will enjoy cathe's tapes. I agree with Haslina, I think Cardio Kicks is a great intro to cathe especially if you enjoy Tae-Bo. For step, I would recommend Power Max or Interval Max because they are easy to learn choreography-wise but still challenging. Cardio Kicks is a tough non-step kickboxing workout that is really fun with great music (all her tapes have excellent music). I eased up on step this year because I'm traing for a 10K & I'm running 6 days/week. But I still do cardio kicks a few times a month because it's such a great total-body workout, especially the lats! For strength, I rotate between MIS, PS, PH and S&H. I'm loving S&H right now, because I am trying to increase muscle size, but PH is an excellent endurance workout that I like to do once a week. I rotate between total body (MIS) and split routines (PS, S&H) every 2 weeks.

Anyway, hope this helps, and welcome to the forum!

marnie

hi angie
I'm new here too.My favourite cardio video is "cardio kicks" it really is fun and elevates the heart.I became very bored with the taebo format-"cardio kicks" uses athletic movements and is really enjoyable.All the weight training tapes are excellent.I recommend all of them and rotate them around for instance.I do one week of ps (tues wed thurs) mis sat and then slow heavy the next week.The other days I do cardio.other highly recommended cardio videos are boxing body-debbie burns and aerobox by kathy smith.the cia tapes by janis saffell are also fun and I highly recommend kickbox jam .I Have mastered kickbox /aerobics and Now I am starting step & this message board has been so helpfull.
see you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.