On the Road a lot

orchid

Hi everyone,

I love Cathe's workouts, but I am going to be on the road travelling a great deal for the next 6 months and I can't lug around a step and a ton of weights. Can anyone suggest the best series to do with limited equiptment?

Thanks!:D

If you have a laptop computer with a DVD player, you can take your KPC and Cardio Kicks workouts. Take walking shoes, music & a CD player, and rubber resistance tubing. That's all you need. AND a pedometer, which everyone should use all the time anyway.

Here is a workout plan Cathe posted for someone once and it only involves carrying a pair of 5 or 8 pound dumbbells with you. I used the plan and it was great! Good Luck! Maybe someone else can share some other ideas. Oh, also, the "Add-On" workouts exercises in Body Fusion (UB Sculpt & LB Sculpt) would also work incorporating the tubing.

25 minutes a morning is all you need to maintain enough so that when you come back you will not feel out of the loop. Bring one set of moderate pound dumbbells (5 or 8 pounds)Here is a sample two week vacation workout:

Monday/Wednesday/Friday

a) Warm Up:
5 minute brisk walk

b) Legs:
Leg Blast:
30 seconds non-weighted squats
30 seconds plyo jacks
30 seconds squats/ with dumbbells in hands
30 seconds front kicks (no dumbells)
30 seconds side kicks (no dumbbells)

Forward lunges (with dumbbells)....3 sets 15 reps (Rt leg 15 / Left leg 15 then do the next set).

Back lunges (with dumbbells).....Same reps/sets as forward lunges.

c) Torso/Arms
Chest: 3 sets of 10 push ups...On last rep of last set hold push up 1/2 way down for 20 seconds.

Back: One arm dumbbell rows (put both weights in one hand) do 3 sets of 15 reps per arm.

Biceps: Concentration curls (put both weights in one arm)do 3 sets of 15 reps.

Triceps: ALTERNATE one set of dips (15 reps) with one set of double arm kickbacks (do as many as you can with that weight and good form). Do three alternating sets.

Shoulders: Seated bent arm side lateral raises (10 reps) right into rear delt flys (as many as you can with that weight and good form). Do three alternating sets.

Abs: traditional crunches for 3 minutes and then flip over and hold a one minute plank

Stretch

Tues/Thursday/Saturday

A 25 minute walk/run (this includes 5 minute brisk walk warm up and three minute stretch)

Bon Voyage

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi, Orchid:

I travel a lot for work, too. I try to stay in hotels that have gyms. Otherwise, I try to do a circuit-style workout involving a lot of push-ups, crunches, running in place, etc. I also like the idea of packing the smaller dumbbells; I think you can actually get these in a case at Walmart.... of course, if you are flying, it might be problematic. ;-)

Anyway, good luck!

Marie

I can certainly relate to this as I'm always on the road (well, at least once a month). I own both a laptop with a DVD player and a portable DVD player in case I don't want to lug my laptop with me. I usually bring the following DVDs with me: Ab Hits, MIC (I do the high-low only), and KPC, KickMax. Last week while I was on travel, I accidentally packed SJP instead of KPC. I found that doing the step portion of SJP on the floor was fine (I didn't do any of the weighted portions of the workout). After discovering this, I also did the step portion of MIC in addition to the high/low. I was still tired; however, not as tired as I am when I use a step.

I don't do weights while on travel unless the hotel has a gym with free weights. If they do, I just do a Cathe weight routine in the hotel gym. This will change once we receive Cathe's hardcore series as I can then take the band with me on trips. :)

Hope this helps!
Lorrayne

Hilton Hotel; Stay Fit to Travel program

I just received an e-mail notification from Hilton Hotels indicating that they are partnering with Bally's to offer personal training and in-room fitness options. Also, Hilton Hotels are offering a fitness pack that you can use in your room that includes 3 and 5 pound dumbbells, tubing, a yoga mat all for FREE! Here are the details:

Stay Fit To Travel

Hilton Hotels & Resorts recently teamed with Bally Total Fitness® to create the Personal Trainer Program which includes personal training and in-room fitness options designed to help guests stay in shape during their travels.

PERSONAL TRAINING
The Personal Trainer Program allows guests to arrange for one-on-one personal training sessions from one of more than 5,000 certified Bally Total Fitness trainers in the hotel's fitness center, poolside, or at the local Bally Total Fitness Center.* Personal trainers can diversify your workouts, improve strength and flexibility and demonstrate the fundamentals of an effective exercise program. Appointments with personal trainers are available seven days a week and can be booked in advance by contacting the hotel's Personal Performance Leader.

TRAVEL FIT KIT
Guests who prefer to exercise in the privacy of their rooms can pick up a complimentary Travel Fit Kit which includes the following equipment:

- Pair of 3-lb. dumbbells
- Pair of 5-lb. dumbbells
- Resistance tube for upper-body conditioning
- Elastic bands for leg exercises
- Yoga mat
- Simple exercise booklet, created by Bally Total Fitness, detailing in-room workouts

Travel Fit Kits may be checked-out free of charge at the hotel's Front Desk.

IN-ROOM TREADMILLS
For an even more intense cardio workout, guests can have a SOLE folding treadmill delivered directly to their room. Simply upgrade your reservation to a Fitness Guest room or request a treadmill when making your reservations.**

Whether you're traveling for business or leisure, stay at your best with the new Hilton Personal Trainer Program.

To learn more about the Personal Trainer Program and find participating hotels, visit hilton.com/personaltrainer.

*Hourly rates for personal training sessions vary by location. Available in select areas only. Contact the Personal Performance Leader at participating hotels to arrange for a personal training session.
**Treadmills are available for a charge of $15.95 for a 24-hour period.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.