Rhythmic Step intensity?

val92083

Cathlete
Hi...

For those of you who have done Rhythmic Step a few times...how does it compare in intensity to some of Cathe's other workouts, like PowerMax or Step Works? Does your heart rate stay pretty elevated thru most of the workout? I'm hoping the answer is yes!

Thanks!

Veronica

Hi Veronica,
I am really pleased with the intensity of this workout. It's not killer like some of Cathe's tapes, but it is definitely challenging and keeps the heart rate up throughout most of the workout. I think it's my favorite step tape.
Erica

Thanks, Erica!

It looks like it will be a lot of fun...I haven't tried it yet, though. The TV I use died on me, so I have been using a tiny 13 inch tv from the den. I can only do workouts that I am familiar with until the big tv gets fixed because I wouldn't be able to see what Cathe is doing. I can't wait! I am excited about RS!

Veronica

The tape is fun from a choregraphy standpoint if you like small movements and little steps. Intensity-wise I'd say it is less intense than Cathe's other full length step tapes because of those small movements. It also seems like your arms are less involved during this tape compared to others. I have modified to make the movements bigger and less confining. As a result it seems more intense to me. This is my perception only. Others who enjoy those kinds of steps and are comfortable doing them might feel differently. I personally think Power Max and Step Works are much more intense. I would use RS as is on a lighter cardio day. It is a great tape overall. I am just quirky about little movements. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great day. Janet

I did the first two combos yesterday and the full tape today...my first impression is that it is a little lower intensity than Power Max. I think once I learn the moves better it will probably be about as intense as Step Fit - right now I'm leaving out some of the lifts and jumps till I get the choreo down.

However the fun factor is REALLY high on this tape! I am not a whooper - hate whooping - am the Anti-Whoop, but partway through the first combo I actually felt a "whooo!" starting to bubble out of me.

I find it a really enjoyable steady-state tape - no intervals or power moves, just a steady and fun sweatfest.

Sophie

Ha!

Sophie~You are too funny! I can't wait to try RS! I did preview it last night thanks to a loan from HoneyBunch. (THANKS HB!!!) It looks like oodles & oodles of fun and I know it's going to take me a few tries to get it down but can tell it will be worth the work! Fun! Fun! Fun!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

In the Middle

did rythmic Step for the first time today. I really liked it. Although it looks hard; it's not. Does not compare in intensity to StepWorks, MIC, Power Max. But, i really, really liked it in the middle.

RE: In the Middle

I want to add - the slightly lower intensity is a real PLUS for me. There are definately days when I want to do Cathe cardio but just don't have the jam to do something really intense, and just can't face power 7's or what-have-you. Rhythmic Step is just so, so, so fun, the time flies, and Cathe's personality really shines through. I love it when she finishes teaching all the moves in one of the combos and says "That's everything folks! Now lets just have fun with it!" or WTTE - to me that's what this tape is all about - having a good time with an old friend - Cathe truly makes you feel that way!
Regardless of intensity - this is definately a "feel good" tape! :-jumpy

Sophie

answer...YES

Veronica, this is the danciest of Cathe's videos. I agree, there are more quicker and smaller steps(fun, fun, fun..love the triples around the board..wheeeee;-))..but you can still find some Cathe classic power here and there..it just focuses more on constant movement and quick thinking.

Still an incredibly intense tape however. You'll keep your heartrate up more from length and quickness than from the power angle. Great endurance step tape. We all have been wanting a good long Cathe step tape..and she gave us a winner. Cathe will have you flyin' high with this one Veronica.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/naconfer/images/summervfnut.gif

Gonna try it tonight!

I got my big tv back yesterday, so after work, I'm going to give RS a try! Thanks for all your input!

Veronica

RS is FUN! However, for me, very little compares to the intensity of Power Max, the first Cathe video that I purchased. With Power Max (and actually most of the others), I modify to make 'em as intense as I can stand. I throw in side kicks at every opportunity which really increases the intensity of my workouts (not to mention some great ab work.) RS reminds ME of Christy Taylor's stuff (fun, but not TOO intense.)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.