Push/Pull & Super Sets

Snitker

Banned
I was thinking about getting this DVD to have more strength training options. Just wondering what others experiences are with this DVD. I usually do my cardio on the elliptical and thought I could alternate these 2 workouts on Tuesdays and Thursdays. TIA!

Hi Snitker... I don't have PP/SS but have heard just OK reviews on them, I don't know if it is because PP/SS is an older series but that's what I have noticed... however, if I may, I would recommend either the Pyramids (both upper and lower on one DVD) and/or Gym Style (although there are three separate workouts to get a complete full body workout and might be more than you want to schedule) and both have gotten rave reviews. I have both of these and they are great strength training workouts...

just my 2 cents :)

ETA: I do have PP/SS from FitTV though...

I don't find PP/SS all that challenging as is - but doing 2 rounds of upper and then two rounds of lower works well, for a "easy" day when i just don't feel like going all out.

I have had both of these workouts for sometime and just did supersets yesterday. I heavied up on my weights and really concentrated on form. Let me tell you; I am a little sore today. Yippee!!! It isn't a heavy muscle concentrated workout. I used it because I wanted to 'touch' my muscles one more time as I am beginning a heavy lifting rotation tomorrow and did cardio today. Plus, it would be a nice thing to have if you are doing a one body part once per week rotation...this is good to 'touch' them again. I always like to add that if I feel I need a bit more...

I think it is well worth having in your collection. Both this and push/pull are nice compliments. They are shorter and nice for a bit lighter workout. BUT, after not having done it for awhile; it was plenty effective yesterday. I worked hard at it though...those preacher curls on the ball are doozies and then heavy up on those concentration curls. yep...you can feel it. And it has the one legged squats in it and a lot of low ends. This is a good workout; you just have to get after it!!

My two cents!!

Becky

I like having these for quicker workouts on days when I don't have as much time, or just don't feel like doing a longer workout. Some days the idea of a 68 minute workout just seems too long, but these are around 45 and 55, and seem to fit the bill when I can't get myself to do a longer workout.

I personally really like them. I only have so much time to work out in the morning before work (an hour or less) and I find them a great length and I feel like it's a good all around workout. I guess a lot of people find them easier. I don't find that to be true, but I am also not an advanced exerciser. I know I'm not wiped out at the end of them and you can easily up the difficulty by increasing your weights.

I'm doing one of these tonight, actually! I really like having them. They're both under 60 minutes, when time is an issue. As others have posted, they can be easier or more challenging based on how much weight you use. There are an absolute TON of premixes on this disc and some of them are really tough. This DVD is like getting 30 workouts on one disc, so I feel it's totally worth it. It also has good music and I like the exercise arrangements. I'd recommend adding it to your collection.

I didn't find either of them challenging enough, but I might pull them out if I felt like taking it very easy. Muscles just never got fatigued on PP and I hated always changing my equipment around for SS.

just got this one

I am new to Cathe and only an intermediate, not advanced by any means. My first dvd of hers was Basic step and body fusion. I just did the add-ons for my strength training. this is now my second dvd. I did both of these one time through. Push/Pull seemed a little easy to me, although I am not using a barbell and my heaviest weights at this point are only 10 pounds, thinking about going heavier and see what I feel.

Supersets was very good though. I completed that one yesterday and I am sore in my abs, obliques, and legs. My upper body not so much, need to go heavier I think. i love the soundtrack on both of these workouts. I like working out on the stability ball because even when you are not focusing on your core, you are working it just by being on the ball. My core is my trouble area thanks to genetics and two babies ;) so anything that is going to shed the inches I am into.

good luck with your decision.

Kristin

I actually just finished doing Supersets. It's a good workout. I like the way that Cathe provides a little more core and ab work on this particular workout, in addition to the weight work. This is one of those dvds that hits me just right when I feel like weight work but I'm not sure what to do.

Michelle

PP/SS are great for days you want a total body workout in under one hour. If you go as heavy as you can you will be worked. The premixes are mint as well. I feel you can really go heavy with PP b/c you are working opposite muscle groups.

PP/SS are great for days you want a total body workout in under one hour. If you go as heavy as you can you will be worked. The premixes are mint as well. I feel you can really go heavy with PP b/c you are working opposite muscle groups.

ITA! I really like these workouts and go as heavy as I can. I feel very worked out afterwards and have spent less than an hour working out. I would never part with these from my collection because they are great for when I don't feel like working out or when I am short on time.

I have to say that my favorite Cathe full body workouts are Muscle Endurance, Power Hour, and Muscle Max.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.