Original Imax Intensity

In terms of intensity (from highest to lowest), here's my opinion:

1. IMAX 3 - Drills 1, 4 and 7 still give me a hard time.
2. IMAX 1 - Drill 10 always gets to me every time.
3. IMAX 2 - Drill 9 used to be the worst but it's not too bad for me now.

Marcy

In terms of intensity (from highest to lowest), here's my opinion:

1. IMAX 3 - Drills 1, 4 and 7 still give me a hard time.
2. IMAX 1 - Drill 10 always gets to me every time.
3. IMAX 2 - Drill 9 used to be the worst but it's not too bad for me now.

Marcy

ITA with the above rankings, with the following exception: the warm-up in IMax1 is hands-down the best from the very beginning. It's almost a mini-workout in and of itself.

And Drill #5 in IMax3 still slaughters me after all these years (about 3000 plie jacks with criss-cross squats as "recoveries" - NOT)

A-Jock

Thanks for the replies. I tried it out just to see. I LOVE Imax 3, but find myself doing it way too much. I too think interval #5 is the hardest from Imax 3, with interval 4 not far behind. I like Imax 2, but it's just not nearly as intense (love/hate interval #9 LOL).

I do think that the original Imax warm up is the best. Really gets you going from the beginning. However, the intensity level wasn't nearly as high throughout the rest - according to my HR monitor anyway. I'm sure I'll try it again though.

thanks again!!
Heather

And Drill #5 in IMax3 still slaughters me after all these years (about 3000 plie jacks with criss-cross squats as "recoveries" - NOT)

A-Jock

I guess Drill 5 doesn't kill me as much since I have a ballet background and I'm used to doing plenty of them (except we called them echappés and changement).

Marcy

I have a ballet background too, but they still get me. I think it's because in dance, we didn't typically do them quite like Cathe does LOL. Although, I did have one teacher who LOVED to makes us do changements over and over and over again....he must know Cathe.

Heather

I guess Drill 5 doesn't kill me as much since I have a ballet background and I'm used to doing plenty of them (except we called them echappés and changement).

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.