Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Video & DVD Questions and Comments

Video & DVD Questions and Comments Feel free to ask or make comments about any of our Cathe Friedrich videos and DVDs.

one armed tricep dips

This is a discussion on one armed tricep dips within the Video & DVD Questions and Comments forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I'm curious about how many people are able to do the one armed tricep dips on High Step Training Advanced? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Cathlete

Default one armed tricep dips

I'm curious about how many people are able to do the one armed tricep dips on High Step Training Advanced? I have to do them with both arms. Those of you who are able, do you tend to do the upper body workouts with a lot of weight? Just curious.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:45 PM

Default RE: one armed tricep dips

OHMYGOD THESE KILL!
I can't do as many as Cathe does before I have to use both arms. That workout wipes me out anyway. For my usual upper body workouts, I can pretty much use the weights that Cathe uses.
Do you find this workout to be particularly challenging? I do, even though it is one of the shorter ones. Lately I've been doing the premixes, and saving the high step part for a separate workout. IT STILL KILLS!
Lisa
Old 12-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Banned

i do them... they are quite wicked though!

i use the weight cathe uses except i use 15 for step ups instead of 10.. i LOVE hsta! it's one of my faves (just after the gauntlet and viper!)
Old 12-10-2004, 05:49 AM
Cathlete

I do them with no arms.:P
Old 12-10-2004, 07:28 AM
Cathlete
TarHeelMom's Profile Fields

Default Hey Soosan!

What about Rocky? Does he employ a "tail assist" for balance and stability or does he just do 'em flat out?

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...dniklifter.gif
Old 12-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Cathlete

Everyone is different. I had no problem with the one arm dips. But I can keep up with Cathe weight-wise for back and triceps. I'm still in awe of her for biceps, shoulder, and chest. I mean HOLY COW! When she does pec flies in PUB with 20#!!!!

Then again, I didn't have problems with pikes on the ball either. But I'm totally wiped doing some of the side plank work she does - like in ME where she has the med ball on her side and raises and lowers. Forget the med ball - I have my arm on the ground trying to help push myself up! But no one else ever mentions this move, so I suspect that I must be weaker than most in that area. There's a similar move in L&G - side glute raises - I can only do half of what Cathe does.

She is definitely an inspiration!

Diane
Old 12-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Cathlete

Thats funny!:P

Old 12-10-2004, 10:44 AM
Cathlete

Default RE: Hey Soosan!

He used to modify by employing his tail, but he can do them sans tail now.

Even squirrels realize there's no shame in modifying a difficult move. Chances are, if you keep at it, you'll get it eventually. (Just thought I'd add a moral.;-) )
Old 12-10-2004, 10:46 AM
Banned

she certainly IS an inspiration!

sometimes i feel bad posting that i can do the workouts as is the first time through.. so far the only thing i've modified and continue to modify are the straddle steps cuz i got a sharp pain in my knee and have been leary of them since.. haven't given them a second chance... i just do them from behind!

i've actually been disappointed in workouts (i.e. pushpull/supersets) cuz i had already mastered viper and gauntlet before trying them!

i still remember how afraid i was of bootcamp cuz of all the posts about not getting through it and how gawd-awful it was... i LOVED it and did it all the way through.. do i do it more easily now, after doing it a bunch of times.. yes... but was it the horrible workout i had anticipated due to the threads here, at ya ya's and VF? nope!

so yes.. each person is different and each person is at a different level of fitness...

i know a lot of the posts make me feel like superwoman.. and i know i'm not! i've got a long way to be "cathe 2"... but i do cathe cuz everyone else is too easy (and i'm REALLY REALLY looking forward to being challenged in hardcore!)
Old 12-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Cathlete
Alhambra's Profile Fields

When I first did High Step Training Advanced I could only do two one armed tricep dips and then would have to switch to both arms. Now I can do all but the last two with one arm. I've increased the tricep weights during the same training period. I found gradually increasing the number of one armed dips worked for me, although some days I seemed to go backwards. This week I pulled my wee ones (3 and 5 years old) in the sleigh for 80 minutes. Later that same day I could only do half of the one armed triceps in the workout before my triceps screamed for mercy.