need pointers for tricep definition

hippahips

Cathlete
I was doing PUB today when I saw this shot of Jai's wonderfully defined triceps that I never noticed before -- because I am so busy catching up after Cathe.}(

How do I get those? I have a nice bulk in my triceps but no definition. This is the area in my arms that isn't developing as nicely as my shoulders and biceps. I rotate PS, PUB, CTX-UB, ME, PH and MIS. I also do C&W, Circuit Max and HSTA. Anything else I should be doing for my triceps aside from the exercises in these workouts? Anything I should be modifying?

Thanks.

Pinky

Definition is usually a matter of getting rid of any excess fat in the area, by diet and exercise. You'll notice that Jai has definition all over, and a pretty low body fat %, I would guess. Unfortunately, many women hold excess body fat in the tricep area. Do you kickbox? The punches in kickboxing are a good way to work the arms, including the triceps.

Yeah, Jai obviously has a low body fat and a good degree of muscularity which don't come naturally to me.:( I do kickbox. Haven't seen a difference in my triceps, however, from kickboxing. My legs look good though. I've been trying to tweak my diet by lessening the carbs and upping the protein. The excess protein makes me gassy. Too few carbs make me spacey and give me harsh cravings for things like chips and cookies. I think I have to play with my diet some more.

Pinky

Hi Pinky,

I think we all have one area which drives us crazy trying to get results in. Triceps & the upper arm entirely are troublesome for me. However, the best results I've gotten so far, especially in the triceps, is with S&H.

I agree that diet is especially important too...darn it! ;-)

Ruth:)

You really need to remove the body fat over the muscles in order to see definition. Combination of clean eating. cardio, and weight training and enough rest to allow you to build up the muscle tissue. But until you have a very low body fat percentage, it will be hard to see the definition of muscles.

Jay has low body fat? Uh I think she has no body fat-- LOL!! I know that's not possible but man she really is cut!!

catherine

Hi Pinky....:)....always nice to see you here...I know some time ago when I got some great definition I focused on one armed kickbacks, watching my form in a mirror and sometimes rotating my hand out as I kicked back. To get the inner tri fat stuff...(on me anyway) I slowly increased my weight and that seemed to help alot plus of course a clean diet. I also got more definiton with P90X workouts and I am sure the vegetarian diet helped ALOT there....:)...Carole

Carole, I'd love to try out that rotation on those kickbacks. Great idea.:) I'd really like to balance the definition in my arms. My biceps and shoulders are leaning out nicely. But my triceps need a little kick. I'm trying to lean out after the many lavish holiday feasts and it is painfully dawning on me that the flab, as I get older, isn't budging as easily as it used to.:( Maybe I should go vegetarian, too.:)

Pinky

Pinky...knowing what you have done working out this long...I bet your arms look awesome!!! If you ever decide to go Vegetarian there is ALOT of help here....and you have my email address...:)....Carole

RE: Carole/Mckmain...

Carole, I did PH yesterday and tried your suggestion to put a rotation on those kickbacks. I couldn't go through the entire set with my usual 8s with those rotations. I used 8s for the 2-2 counts but had to drop to 5s when Cathe did the 3-1 counts. It was burning back there! Thanks for the great suggestion.:)

Pinky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.