My review of HSC, CM, SM

scm

Cathlete
I previewed most of the workouts last night. After seeing IMAX3, all I can say is WOW! Cathe says each interval blast gets harder. Well, I only saw up to interval 3....I'm anxiously afraid of 8, 9 and 10.

This morning I did High Step Challenge. It was GREAT! Loved it, just loved it! The set is beautiful, and so is Cathe and the crew. The music is great. Better than expected. The exercises are unique. Looking at the descriptions, it appears to be the same old stuff, ex/plie squats etc. but she puts a twist to every move.
It's different than HST. There are only 2 sets of step ups, and the cardio is a lot different. For example, kickbox moves are incorporated. Plus there's an excellent core segment at the end. I like using the band too. Like Cathe says, it gives the muscles an extra burn. Well, my shoulders were very tired at the end of the workout.
I then followed this with Core Max number 3 (using the medicine ball). My shoulders were screaming the whole workout. The music is the same as SHB&T. I loved using the ball for each movement.
Next, I did Stretch Max number 1. I've never done a stretch workout before. In fact, I don’t even do the cool downs for any workout. This will be good for me. Now realizing how inflexible I really am.

This is so exciting. :D

Susan C.M.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=6571124&uid=3217618&members=1

When you talk about the core segements, is that only planks (which I hate & won't do) or ab work as well?

TIA
karen:7

I, too, reviewed HSC last night. I can't wait to actually do the workout tonight! To those of you who haven't received or previewed the workout, be forewarned and I quote: "This workout kicks some butt. I hope you're ready to breathe. I hope you're ready to work 'cuz you are gonna." and "C'mon hustle! This workout moves!"

I also previwed some of Muscle Max. I've don't have a lot of time to preview all these workouts. I'm just going to jump in and do 'em and learn as I go.

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe Friedrich

Karen, I did the first segment from Core Max and it was a lot of ab work with a few plank positions thrown in at the end. I think there's more plank work in the stability ball segment.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.