MIC-substitutes for the sashay repeater?

LauraPinWA

That particular move is the only thing in MIC that I don't love! For some reason it always feels awkward to me, probably because my exercise space isn't that big. This morning I did MIC and substituted a figure eight-abduction repeater combo for the sashay repeater, and it worked pretty well. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I feel as though the figure eight isn't quite as intense as the sashay, but that may not be a bad thing considering how tired I usually am at that point in the video :)

Laura

Hi, Laura! I usually do the figure 8 in place of the sashay and then an abduction repeater. You could also do a knee corner to corner into the abduction repeater. Another thing I have considered is an over the top around the world into an abduction repeater. I haven't tried that one so I'm not positive you end up on the right foot and in the right spot, but in my head you do. ;-) It will be interesting to see what others do with that move. It's the one move I always found very awkward in MIC as well. The rest of the step section is heavenly! :)

Erin

I hate those for some reason as well. A few 8 counts I have thrown in:

1. Do the first two counts (jump the leg extension) 1,2
2. Step down 3,4
3. two regular jacks 5 6 7 8

instead of two jacks:
pendulum on the floor
1 plyo jack
two plyo leaps
two tuck jumps
two scoops
double footed leap onto the step and step down

They are all eight counts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.