Interval Max and Step Height

Rose11

Cathlete
Hello everybody. I'm here enjoying a nice meal (soy meat, garden salad, whole wheat bread toasts with a bit of garlic and a low fat fruit shake MMMMM :9 ) and watching Interval Max yet again. I said I was going to do it today, but I have a headache and I don't think I'm going to workout at all. Gotta listen to our bodies right? Well...before buying Interval Max I used to do Gin Miller's Intense Moves at level 2 (level 3 is way too high impact for me) and my step height was 6 inches, but I noticed that the step height that Cathe and all the gals use in the video is 8 inches. My question is: should I start at 8 inches or 6 inches? :-hmmm

I think that if you typically use 6" for most other tapes and especially for Intense Moves, than you should stay with 6" for now. When you want to move to 8", try something other than an interval workout (and especially Interval Max) first and get used to that before moving on.

Personally, I use an 8" step for all the step workouts I do, however, that is where I started and I am just a little bit under 5'7".

Just my .02 - hope it helps.

Kim

I agree with Kim - definitely start with 6" (or less if you find you are uncomfortable with 6). You can always work your way up if you feel you need more intensity. Cathe and most of the background exercisers use 6" steps in her more recent videos, but you should really do what feels best for you!!
Hope you enjoy Interval Max when you get to it!!
Erica

Thank you very much. I will start with 6 inches then. I normally use 8 inches for non-interval step aerobics and since this is probably the toughest Cathe ever I will start slow and then if when I feel comfortable I will change my step height to 8 inches. Today I'm starting a four week rotation with the PS Series and Cardio Kicks from M-W, IMax Thurs. , PHour Fri, and Yoga on Sat. I hope it works. Have a nice week. :)

Well it's me again. Just wanted to let you know that I did Interval Max yesterday for the first time and I used a 6 inch step and let me tell you it was more than enough for me. As usual, I thought that I could be like Cathe when I was watching the video, but when I actually did it it was a totally different thing. LOL! Anyway, I got my money's worth with that tape...Very interesting choreography (and easy to learn too)...and it is an awesome workout. It's gonna be in my rotation once a week for the next 3 weeks. I hope I can do the intervals for a longer time by the end of the month :-tired.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.