Info from those who have Timesaver?

Liberty

Cathlete
Hi all, I'm needing to purchase a new workout, and I am wanting 4 DS but it's a bit pricey. Someone told me about Timesaver, but I've had a few tell me it's really choppy? I think I could get past it if it's like when I do a premix in one of the other dvd's.

I would really like some information on this workout from those of y'all who have purchased it.

I want something with both cardio and weights this time around. I love the changes I have been seeing by doing MM, on M, W, and Fr, with BG on Tues and Sats along with KM on Tues, Thu, and Sa's

My other options I"m looking at are Bootcamp or Drill Max, then someone said not to pass up Low Max, that it's great lower body, so am going to look at that again. I had passed it up because of no weights, but I have a lot of weighted workouts (just wanted another one of Cathe's)

Oh, and I was also checking out Imax 2 (pretty sure it was 2) and body max, and then someone just mentioned Circuit max, so I'm all confused on which one to get!!

so I guess I'm saying HELP PLEASE!!!

Mainly I need more info on Timesaver, as I can't find a lot on it alone, however if you have more on the others too, I would love to hear it so I can make up my mind!
TIA!!

TimeSaver is not one of my favorites. Why don't you go with one of the newer workouts that offer a variety of premixes such as Body Max 2. I don't always do the entire workout...I make it my own. Ex...today I did the step portion (30 minutes) followed by PUB (down only)...this combination is one of my favorite workouts.

My thought on timesaver is "Choppy" just as you described. I do own it since like many people...I have purchased many over the years. However, there a few workouts that I just don't care for and timesaver is one of them. It is just my not my preference for a workout. Then again, I don't usually like working 1 or 2 body parts when I do weights either.

When I want short cardio, I just prefer to go to a premix or do a part of a cardio from Body Max 2, Rhythmic Step, Cardio Fusion, Drill Max. I think these workouts are better and ultimately you will get more for your money.

I have not done Timesaver in a long time. I believe you can set it so the step portion will repeat itself....but I find that to be so boring the second time around.

thank you for the reply again! I tried to get it off ebay, but missed out on it, maybe it's a good thing :)

Okay thanks again!

If you don't have Imax 2 I would get that. It also has Cardio and Weights which I don't do very often but I love, love, love Imax 2.

Hi all, I'm needing to purchase a new workout, and I am wanting 4 DS but it's a bit pricey. Someone told me about Timesaver, but I've had a few tell me it's really choppy? I think I could get past it if it's like when I do a premix in one of the other dvd's.

I would really like some information on this workout from those of y'all who have purchased it.

I want something with both cardio and weights this time around. I love the changes I have been seeing by doing MM, on M, W, and Fr, with BG on Tues and Sats along with KM on Tues, Thu, and Sa's

My other options I"m looking at are Bootcamp or Drill Max, then someone said not to pass up Low Max, that it's great lower body, so am going to look at that again. I had passed it up because of no weights, but I have a lot of weighted workouts (just wanted another one of Cathe's)

Oh, and I was also checking out Imax 2 (pretty sure it was 2) and body max, and then someone just mentioned Circuit max, so I'm all confused on which one to get!!

so I guess I'm saying HELP PLEASE!!!

Mainly I need more info on Timesaver, as I can't find a lot on it alone, however if you have more on the others too, I would love to hear it so I can make up my mind!
TIA!!

Liberty, I took the liberty of checking your DVD library of Cathe dvds, and I see that Cross Train Express / CTX is not listed. Although it retails here on the Cathe site for about $10.00 more than 4DS, it has a great variety of kick-butt cardio and a great weight training system for all the muscle groups (including 4 complete ab / core routines, two more than you get with 4DS or Timesaver). It was produced in 2000 along with Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks (these two are on one DVD now), and it is still one of my go-to's, especially the 10-10-10 cardio and the Power Circuit step-lower-body-circuit routines. And the core routine in the Kickbox workout is one that I still do portions of at least once a week lo these many years later.

The chaptering isn't quite as finely done as Cathe's later productions; this series was originally released only on VHS and then remastered on DVD. Chaptering is there, just not the minute-by-minute stuff that you see from Intensity Series forward.

If it's cardio and weights you're looking for, I'd suggest giving this one some serious thought; it might take you a bit of time to save up for it but it's worth the extra effort.

JMHO -

A-Jock

ETA: I just caught the pun I coughed up in my first paragraph! I can't be the only one who's done that in your life!

A-J

A-Jock, funny! No you aren't the first! Liberty is actually a nickname, I received it under special circumstances, from dear friends. Anyway, I had glanced over that one, but backed off due to the price, but I will take another look at it! Thank you!!

Mabdoo-that is on my list of I wants!!

I'm almost leaning towards Low Intensity Circuit for this go round.
I just acquired Basic Step with Body Fusion (have a ....sampling.....of them from the dvd that came with my step) and High Step Circuit off ebay tonight! GREAT price! I'm so very excited! Fortunately no one else bid, so I got it for really low, and am really looking forward to trying them. I fight cardio, but once I start it I do enjoy doing it. Funny! I do enjoy Basic Step that I have, but have to literally force myself to plug it in! Then I start doing it and start thinking why did I fight it, this is so fun! I love around the worlds! Not so much the long versions though LOL
Okay, off to bed, it's almost Midnight and I have to be up in 4 hours to get some stuff done before we leave for the parade! That is if I can move! BG is incredible!!

A-Jock-I have limited collection FOR NOW, I'm working on it! I have told hubby if you think you want to buy me chocolate (which I hate by the way!) or flowers for anything, go get me a Cathe workout! Even have them in the wish list, and working on an in order that I would love to try them list (his request actually! nice!) and for Valentine's Day he got me Muscle Max, and for Mother's Day he got me Kick Max!! Now those are perfect gifts!!

There is nothing like getting what you really want as a gift. Liberty, I have received alot of exercise DVDs and equipement over the years (Cathe's DVD, club step, treadmill, etc.) These things mean more to me than any candy or flowers for they are here to stay. Many of my friends couldn't relate when I told them that I asked for a Cathe DVD for my a gift. A new DVD arriving in the mail is so exciting and good luck in building your collection.

There is nothing like getting what you really want as a gift. Liberty, I have received alot of exercise DVDs and equipement over the years (Cathe's DVD, club step, treadmill, etc.) These things mean more to me than any candy or flowers for they are here to stay. Many of my friends couldn't relate when I told them that I asked for a Cathe DVD for my a gift. A new DVD arriving in the mail is so exciting and good luck in building your collection.

Thanks! I know what you mean! He's never really bought me flowers before, and says I'm so hard to shop for. He actually approached me with what to do, all our friends buy their wives candy, flowers, then take them out to a "hearty" dinner, and then we listen to the wives talk about how bloated they feel, or come to me to up their workout because they over ate. Those gifts last a few minutes. These will last years, not to mention we can give back by being healthy!

We had a 400 lb generator that a customer of hubby's said he could have! And we had to get it of the truck and onto a platform, because of the workouts and stuff I do, I was able to help him do it, vs try to find someone who would help!
(we put it onto a slide to get it off, and then used a makeshift large piece of wood with wheels to get it to the platform, but had to actually lift it up to get it onto the platform.)
I didnt admit how impress I was at being able to lift and move that monster! But hubby turned and said he wasn't sure I would be able to do it, and what video did I want next, cause we have to dig a 1 mile trench if we are going to even consider bringing in electricity at some point! :eek: LMAO!!

(yes we run off batteries and generator, we are too far out and would have to pay a ton to get it brought up)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.