How do you incorporate all of your videos into one workout week?

jillybean

Cathlete
Hi! This is my very first post on this forum! I am a Firm fanatic with tons of Firm videos and not one Cathe tape. BUT- I am going to order several Cathe videos once my tax refund check arrives! Here is my question, if you have total body strength tapes and tapes that focus on one muscle group or section (upper body or lower body, etc.), how do you fit them all in? Do you do a strength training tape every day? If you do Cathe tapes, from what I understand, they are very heavy and focused in terms of poundage. How do you do it? I know that we need to have a variety of tapes to prevent ourselves from plateauing and to cross train, but I do not want to over train my muscles. Also - which would you get - MIS or Body Max? Power Hour, PS, or S&H? Thank you!!!

Welcome, Jillybean!

Currently I am doing a rotation with the PS series, doing each tape once per week and step, hi-lo, or kickbox 4-5 days a week and am seeing great results! I usually do SLA by itself and do cardio along with BBA and CST.

Take it from me...once you start buying Cathe tapes, the question won't be "which one" but rather "in what order?" You will end up getting them all anyway!!

If I could only pick a couple (i shudder to think :))I would say PS, Body Max, and Power Hour. However, i haven't started my S & H rotation yet, and I can't imagine not having MIS! I guess my answer is not that helpful, but maybe it conveys at least how much i enjoy Cathe's tapes!

Good luck!

Shannon

Thanks Shannon! I am so pumped about this! I often envy new Fimies because they have so many new videos to experience and that is the lucky boat I now find myself in! It sounds to me like the PS series done once a week each is a good way to go! I might just end up copying your rotation (including step, hi/lo and kickbox 4 or 5 times too. Hope you don't mind! Thanks again!

Rotations

I don't fit all of my workouts into one week. I do rotations where I focus on 1 basic set of tapes, like the PS tapes. When I do the PS tapes, I also do 1 total body endurance type of workout ( Like Power Hour ) one day as well. Cardio is on the same days as the BBA and CST videos, and any other days I have time to workout. :) Then after a while ( 6 or 8 weeks unless I get tired of it sooner ) I switch to something else, like doing MIS and BMax each once a week. Cardio always goes by my mood,and not any particular structure. :)

Gosh, where would I begin if I was just starting with Cathe's weights? That's a really tough one! They're all so good! In the split workouts, I would go Pure Strength ( all time fave ), Slow & Heavy (a great series, but the mental focus makes it harder to stick with for long rotations ), and then the Crosstrain Express ( the cardio is higher impact overall than others of Cathe's cardio, and my knees just can't do all of them in 1 week ). If you have the DVD option, it gets harder to place the CTX because you have such great mix and match options, but I would still give the edge to PS and S & H. In the total body workouts I would go Power Hour ( I love to hate this one! ), MIS ( A fantastic workout, but at 75 minutes it gets really looooong ), and BMax. The cardio section of BMax isn't my favorite, but it's really easy to just put in a section from another video, with or without the DVD option. :)

Have fun with your discovery of Cathe's great workouts! I know you're going to love them! :-0

Have a great day!

ErinF

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.