Honeybunch & Forum -- Barbell Weights Question

TarHeelMom

Cathlete
Hey HB and educated crowd, I know this has been asked & answered somewhere else before but I can't find it. When Cathe says "We're using a 25-lb barbell" or "I've got mine at 35 lbs", does she mean TOTAL weight with the barbell, or just the plate weight? I ask because I see in a post below that Honeybunch says Cathe's using a 50 lb barbell on the PS Series after the warmup, and I could have sworn she was using 35 lbs. (Of course, I am also highly perimenopausal, so don't place ANY stock in what I think I remember... :))

Kathy S.

Hi Kathy!

I am premenopausal so take this with a grain of salt! Just kidding! I know in the past Cathe has posted that she means TOTAL weight which INCLUDES the barbell. Someone correct me if I understood wrong.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hey Debbie!

We are quite the sad pair, aren't we? :)

I think you're right -- just had one of those hormonal moments when I read Honeybunch's post and thought HUH?

Kathy S.

Hi Kathy and Debbie! Yes, I mean the total weight including the weight of the bar itself.

Side Note: Some of the past videos feature a 15 pound bar, while our newer releases feature a 5 pound bar.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.