HELP!!! Which DVD's have Premixes?

jtlane25

Cathlete
I originally posted in the Open Discussion forum...woops!

I have read that there are a lot of premixes on several of Cathe's dvd's. However, I am clueless as to what premixes are. I can put together my own conclusion...but that isn't always 100% reliable. Giggle.. I have Terminator and CTX on DVD and I can see chaptering but is that considered 'premix'? On the Terminator I can see Mix and match...but when I click on one thing...it takes me to that 1 minute or so segment and then bumps me back to that menu. So...what exactly is a premix? Are they formatted to pick premix 1, 2, 3, or whatever on some videos just in a different order? Is it that the ones I have just don't have it? I feel like a dweeb but I need someone to hold my hand and explain this. I have the majority of her workouts on vhs so I'm new to the DVD family!!!!

Help!!!

I will explain the meaning of the premix with an example: In Muscle endurance there great premixes. In the upper body premix you will find all the upper body exercises of the Muscle endurance workout. All the exercises for the back, chest, shoulders, biceps and triceps. The premix are shorter than the whole workout and very useful when you need a crunch time workout. In the terminator dvd there are not premixes. You will find awesome premixes in the others dvd of the intensiy series.Hope this helps.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

There are not premixes in the ctx too. You will find the premixes in the Body blast series,in the intensity series, in the HSTA dvd and in the next hardcore series not in the rest of the Cathe's workouts.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

Premixes started with the Intensity Series DVDs. Premixes take clips from the original workouts and reorganize them to make a shorter or more focused workout. If you're a Firm fan, premixes are like the Firm Parts tapes.

For example, on the Pyramids DVD, in addition to the Pyramid Upper Body and Pyramid Lower Body workouts, there are five premixes: Pyramid Up only (one for upper body, one for lower), Pyramid Down only (one for upper, one for lower) and a Pyramid Total Body workout which mixes the pyramid-up exercises from both workouts for a total-body pyramid workout.

The Premixes are a separate option on the DVD menu, in addition to Play Program, Chapters and Mix and Match. If you go the the Cathe Friedrich section of this Video Fitness link and click on an Intensity Series DVD, you'll get a list of the chapters AND the premixes:
http://69.93.245.62/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19927

The Terminator doesn't have premixes because it IS a long premix - basically there are sections from a number of different Intensity workouts, combined in a new way to make three workouts: Imax Extreme, Gauntlet and Viper.

Thank YOU so very much for helping me with this. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your response! That helped so very much!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.