Gym Style Upper Body Workouts

CathydsRNA

Cathlete
I think that the two Gym Style Upper Body Workouts have become my favorite of all of Cathe's upper body tapes.They will be ideal for rotating with Slow and Heavy and the Pyramids. There are number of different exercises for each body part, not just a couple and you are using heavy weights for the exercises. I think of both of these workouts as a hybrid of Slow and Heavy and endurance training all rolled up into one workout.The specific muscle group(s) you are exercising will be throughly worked out and exhausted at the end of the workout.The exercises are also designed to work your muscles differently and Cathe, points this out to you as you are performing the exercise. This is to increase muscle density throughout the particular muscle you are working.For example, in the triceps lying extensions, she points out which part of your triceps is contracting more during each part of the exercise. AS you are doing the exercise, you can feel the contraction starting at the top of the triceps and then move to the mid triceps and then the lower part. Similarly, with the bench press....you do sets on a level bench and then on an incline. It targets the chest slightly differently and you can feel it. She also gives you a bonus burn on some of the exercises with the resistance band. The band is good in that it works the muscle at the point of peak extension or contraction...points in the exercise that free weights usually aren't that effective. I think these are the toughest upper body workouts Cathe has put together. These workouts are gems and I give then 10 smilies for intensity, fun factor and instruction. They were well worth the money I shelled out.

Thanks for the review--great info. I have been looking to find something that I can sub for Pure Strength, which is not my favorite weight workout. One question on the Gym Style workouts, though: Is it all geared toward heavy weights? I'm finding that I tend to bulk fairly easily and am thinking I should go more toward endurance workouts.... ??
thanks!

Bb.

IMHO...it is geared more towards heavy lifting. Although, there are many exercises and many reps, the counts are slow... I don't think I would have fatigued with lighter weights, but you don't know until you try it. The Gym Style Legs are different..this is more of an endurance lower weight workout.

Thanks for the detailed analysis of the Gym Style Upper Body Workouts. I did Chest and Biceps last night. It was quite the thorough workout. This is a keeper.

I went with lower than normal weights when I did Chest/Triceps for the first time and I definitely felt that my muscles were worked thoroughly. And I am sore today! I think it was effective for me as even a mid-range weight workout.
Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.