Did MIS and don't like it anymore...need replacement

helene1

Cathlete
This MIS. Does not appeal to me anymore. I thought this was long and boring.

What should I replace it for??

Should I buy the 3 Gym Style?

I already own PS, Power Hour, Pyramid lower + upper, bootcamp and ME.

I need a workout I can do and not be bored. I could not wait until MIS was over. What a long workout.

Thanks for your answers.

I'd go for the new Gym Styles if I were you. I haven't personally tried them out yet, but they are getting great reviews and they certainly don't sound boring. Slow & Heavy is a very effective series, but if you bore easily, it's probably not for you. Then there is the Push Pull/Supersets DVD, which I find to be a lot of fun. It comes with a lot of premixes, so boredom shouldn't be a problem.

Shelbygirl

I like Muscle Max from the Hardcore series - it's a total-body workout like MIS but Cathe varies the tempo of the lifting a lot (4 up/4 down, 2 up/2 down, singles, low ends). I posted in another thread that it combines the best of MIS and ME - MIS's organization and progression from large muscle groups to smaller ones, and ME's changes of pace. If you have a Dynaband or want to invest in one (only $5 from online retailers), there are a couple of band exercises in MM that are great too.

Hi Helene,

Funny you should post this. I just did Muscle Max for the first time today, and when I finished I thought to myself: "I doubt I'll ever do MIS again; this one works me the same way, and is a lot more interesting." So, I suggest you get Muscle Max :)

Sandra

Thanks a lot for all your replies.

I really have to buy new Cathe's workouts. I need a change in my routine and cannot stand MIS anymore.

So I guess I will have to invest so more money into Cathe.

Oh, please don't say this...I just ordered MIS based on all the other positive feedback on this DVD. Did I just make a mistake? Please someone make me feel better! Pam

Pamhurley, you did NOT make a mistake. MIS is an excellent workout. I will continue to use this workout (once I've gone through the HC series a couple of months). This was my first workout from Cathe and do it at least once a month. I've only done MM one time so right *now* I couldn't do a comparison. Plus, if you purchased the DVD, there are two other excellent workouts on it too.
Susan C.M.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=6571124&uid=3217618&members=1

Oh no, Pam, you didn't make a mistake at all! The MIS dvd is a gem, especially for Power Hour!! I love PH! And MIS is very, very effective. You will get a terrific workout, no doubt about it. My point is that in terms of "style", my personal preference is for Cathe's newer workouts. But MIS is a classic workout. I don't think you will regret your purchase at all.

Cheers,
Sandra

I did MIS for a long time and did get bored with it after a long while (like I do with every video). It was the first pure strength training video I had ever used and it really transformed the way my body looked. The exercises are tried and true and you can really grow with this workout. You can always put it into rotation with another strength video (like I did with Supersets for a while). Now I have Muscle Max - it managed to find muscles I hadn't heard from in a while!! I've only done it once so I will hold off on reviewing it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.