CTX - Lean Legs Step height

MasonK

Cathlete
Hello to anyone out there who may be able to help me on this. I just did LL for the first time and ran into a bit of a problem re: step height on sit and Stands and those moves where you put your foot up on the "stool" and raise up and down. I only have the Reebok Step and I don't think I'm high enough - even at it's highest setting. Is this correct? Any suggestions? for the sit and stands I used a kitchen chair -- do you think this is okay? At what height SHOULD my step/stool be for these two moves? Any help would be MOST welcome!
Thanks,
Kathleen

Hi Kathleen!! First, it depends on how tall you are. The blond behind Cathe to her right uses a shorter stool. I'm 5'1" and for leg presses I use a milk crate, which is about 12". For sit and stands I measured my living room chair and my kitchen chair. When I feel like working a little harder, I use the living room furniture, because it about 16" my kitchen chair is 18" not much of a difference until you start doing those sit and stands!! If you're taller you can go with a higher height. If you're vertically challenged like me, shorter heights work fine. I definitley would NOT go above 18" though for sit and stands and on legs press make sure your knee does not go above you hip when your foot is placed on the stool or whatever you happen to use.
Ok, I'm done blabbing!! Hope this helps!!

Aimee

Thanks Aimee. I will measure my kitchen chair tonight, but that height felt okay for the sit and stands. My Reebok Step at 12" was definitely too low for the leg press I guess, as I'm 5'5" (well NEARLY...) so I'll have to find something higher for those.

Thanks for your guidance -- It's just hard to gage when I don't know the heights Cathe's team is using...

Have a great weekend! Kathleen

Hi Kathleen!

To gage what height everyone is using, keep in mind that the platform (the top part of the step) is 4" and each riser is 2". You can usually pause your tape and add them up. This will give you the exact amount each team member is using. Happy Stepping & SITTING!!;-)

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.