Which Cathe workout is your nemesis?

jillybean

Cathlete
Since I started this one, I'll go first:
Cardio - Body Max. The bpm during the step and circuits are so high that I would actually rather do Imax or MIC.
Upperbody - the biceps segment of PUB. Great googly moogly!
Lowerbody - any time Cathe does sit and stands, I cringe.
Core - the walking planks of C&W and the inverted pikes of PUB.

But let's face it - any Cathe workout is a challenge. There are days when even Step Heat seems too tough to tackle. Man Cathe's energy kills me. I can't imagine doing BC or Imax and having to talk the whole way through!?! What an inspiration she is!

Okay - what's your nemesis?

I must admit that the only Cathe workout that I delegated to the shelf with the older Taeobo tapes is Rythmic Step. I found the choreography impossible. However, I since tackled Step Works which I always stayed away from, so I need to give it another chance.

I have, so far, found none of them too intense.

Jillybean:

and yet i read on another post of yours that you ususally do the sit and stands twice through!!! Go figure....

I have to agree with the Body MAx. It injured me once, I haven't done it since, 1 year ago. I too would rather do Imax!!!

Clare

Well, so far it's interval l0 in IMAX, but I recently traded for Body Max, and I'm doing it for the first time today. I may be adding a new nemesis to an ever-so-slowly shrinking list.

Well, where do I start? There is interval 9 in IMAX2, then the bicep work in PUB and Power Hour and the inner thigh work on the stability ball in PLB. Rhythmic Step and I are coming along - slowly... ;-)
Planks used to be my nemisis but after a lot of practice I love them! As you say, all Cathe's work outs are a challenge, it's part of what makes them so fun! Susan

I agree with the bicep work on PUB, and Powerhour for that matter--I love both of these but I almost want to cry when bicep work is about to start, cause I know how hard its gonna be!!

I think the terminators in BC are really awful too--I can do the first set just fine, but that second round--count me out!! I guess if I could do all of these, I wouldnt be as excited about the new workouts though.

Have a great weekend
Jayne

PS--I cant muster a wimper during these workouts, I cant imagine having to give encouragement throughout!!!

Hey Jilly,

Nemesis is the right word for my feelings about the hi/lo portion of MIC! I try and try but Imax is easier for me than the hi/lo of MIC!

strength: The biceps sections of PUB and PowerHour

And although I wouldn't consider them a nemesis, I do have my own personal issues with ALL ab work in the new series! I so just got use to "regular" ab work, and now something new to tackle and with a ball no less! :)

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

I do them twice on PS SL&A but I have never attempted to do them twice on LL because LL leaves me so spent! Isn't Body Max just the toughest tape ever created? Last Sun. I added the 3 intervals from CTX step intervals to the end of Imax 1 and I STILL don't have the courage to do Body Max. I should just buckle down once my current rotation is over and do a Body Max 2x's a week rotation. If I can get through that, I can get through anything! P.S. Does it count as a rotation if I only do it for 1 week? LOL!

Yes Donna - I hear ya on that new ab work! I thought ME's ab work was tough, and then I did C&W! I thought that one was the kicker and then I did PUB's! It just never lets up! And if you do the "All Core" premix on the Boot Camp DVD, well then Ms. Cathe gets you a 4th time! She's lucky she's so cute. Oh, and don't get me started on the MIC hi/lo. It seems like such a huge accomplishment when I'm done with it and then she says, "After this, we still have all that step to do." Great googly moogly!

I would guess my nemesis would be between the pikes on PLU which I try and push myself to do twice as I really want to get good at this. It seems like a really effective move. Also the 9th interval in I Max 2. Sometimes I can get through it all right. Day after a leg day I am doing plie squats without the foot thing before the end. It is definitely a tough interval for me. MIC used to be on the floor work but I have much improved on that. It really depends how I worked out the day before.
WD

Isn't it funny how we all react so diferently?

I loooove the biceps section on PUB because it makes me feel so strong. I've never been able to lift as heavy as I can with this tape and I'm just relishing it. Anything to do with triceps is also for me a total pain in the ***, but on this tape, I even don't mind doing those either!

Clare

I would say my Nemesis is ANY of Cathe's floor cardio (excluding Kickbox and CK's), I find it too much strain on the front of my calves, my weight and height probably comes in here too. If I do floor cardio, I have to reach for someone else :(

Anna

Well now, I am a step lover since 1995. In the past few months I have developed knee pain that hurts even when I walk a flight of stairs. My nemisis has to be any step at all. Now this is not because I can't get through it; it is because the pain afterwards is too much. BTW BM was one of my favorites! All the step routines are my favorites.

Right now, I walk the treadmill or ride the bike on high resistance while watching a Cathe step video. Yesterday, I did boot camp substituting treadmill @ 5mph & 5 degree incline during the cardio and lower body parts. Not ideal , but better than nothing.:eek:

You guys are scaring me about the bicep work on PUB. I haven't done the tape yet, but I just got CTX and did it last week for the first time, and while the bicep work didn't seem unbearable at the time, the following two days, I couldn't lower my arms all the way. They had what seemed like a permanent slight bend in them. Much better now, though. I guess that's why they say, "no pain, no gain." Speaking of pain, the ab work on the new series is killing me, and not my ab muscles, surprisingly. It's the rest of my body trying to maintain the positions. I feel like a total clutz falling over to the side, trying to balance on my hip.

Jilly--how old are your kids? Am I the only one who got the "great googly moogly" reference, or are there a lot of us working out Moms here?

New AB work..yep that's it!!

Donna, I hear you in regards to the new ab work. I thought my abs were getting pretty tough until Cathe's latest evil stability ball stuff. I now know that they had adapted to "regular" ab work. Leave it to Cathe to shake it up again!!!

Briee

Hi everyone !

I started with Cathe a few months ago, and thought that I found all them hard because I was out of shape, but reading all you let me guess that they are truly hard:p ! I have not yet tried Imax and the intensity series, but there is only one that I really found impossible to do, and it is BodyMax ! This one is really really tough, and I think I won't retry it before a year or so.
I also found LL and CTX biceps tough too, but accessible. The two days after CTX biceps, I couldn't even open entirely my arms !!!

;-)

Rhythmic Step. I can only use the warm-up in that one. The souped-up step speed of the subsequent segments is not to my taste, and the complex choreography would make me look like I'm being electrocuted if I ever tried it.

But I love love love the warm-up.

A-jock

Here is one nobody has mentioned yet...

How about the bicep work in MIS? That barbell work doing Crazy eights at 35 lbs STILL kills me, and I have had the tape since it first came out. Between the fast count, onsetting fatigue, and such a heavy load, I have yet to master it..

Oh well, ONE of these years!
Lynn

Jillybean,

To me BodyMax is no problem compared to MIC. If you can do MIC you can do BodyMax easily. I don't seem nearly as winded in BM than I do MIC. I've read that you do Intervals 5 & 9 twice in Imax II. You really should have no problem with BodyMax. Give it a whirl, you'll see. If it has been a while since you've tried it, I bet it will be easier for you now. You're a lot stronger than you think!

Danielle :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.