Cathe Ab Hits DVD or Pilates Abs?

Pollytc

Cathlete
Hello everybody. I have a horrible stomach, mainly my lower abs (they have been cut on four times now) and in addition to cardio and other weight workouts, I was wanting to either purchase Cathe's Ab Hits dvd, or some type of pilates abs dvd. Which do you think would be best at hitting my lower abs? If you suggest pilates, is there a specific tape you would recommend?

Thanks for your help!!

Kim

Kim, I would suggest you start with Cathe's AB hits dvd first, then later get Pilates ABs. ...... Take care and God bless... Rhonda:7

Ab Hits is the one Cathe DVD I don't own, but that's because I already have all the same ab workouts on all the other Cathe DVDs I own... If you already have a lot of her other DVD's I would suggest a Pilates DVD.
I don't have any really solid recommendations, but I do have the following workouts, and like them all: Quick Fix Pilates for Abs with Kelli Roberts--pretty beginner level, but ok if you string all 3 workouts together; Hard Core Abs and Back with Kelli Roberts--a great core workout, by Body Bar express (but you don't need a body bar to do it); Breakthru Pilates Core Conditioning--a thorough total core workout; Kathy Smith Pilates for abs--I've only done it once, and cant' really remember it, but I think its a good intro to Pilates.

I guess my favorite out of all of those would be Hard Core Abs and Back, with the Breakthru DVD a close second.

All that said, to tell you the truth I end up doing the Cathe ab work from her newer DVDs the most--the intensity series ab work is so great, imo.

:)

Hi Kim, the only all-abs DVD I have is Ab Hits and I used them a lot when I was still starting out with my Cathe workouts. After a while I started to master the ab workouts in the Intensity series and found out these work better for my abs than the workouts in Ab Hits. I still use Ab Hits on days when I'm not "all there" workout-wise and want something simpler. But for my own tummy, nothing beats the ab work in the Intensity series. I do also enjoy the ab work in KPC and SJP. I don't do Pilates so I can't say anything about it, although I'm also curious because I hear lots of good things about this kind of workout.

Pinky:)

The best thing I have done for my core is the Core Only premix from Cathe's bootcamp dvd. I have done Pilates (and did see some results) and at least one ten minutes ab workout everyday but the real results came in when I did the core only premix.

Also for the lower ab - I think kickboxing has made a difference in mine.

Good luck,

JoJo

Thanks for all the great advice. Unfortunately I don't have Bootcamp on dvd, but on vhs. I just recently started getting dvd's.....I have C&W/IMAX2 on dvd, KPC/L&G on dvd, and soon to be getting Timesaver on dvd. Hmmmmmmmm...........decisions, decisions!!

Kim

Hi!
just wanted to put my $0.02 in....
I love Cathe's ab hits, she has a section where she has already put together ab routines, or tacked on a core routine after an ab one. So some of the routines are 13 minutes, which should work your abs. That said the ab work in the intensity series is terrific also.
Jen

I suggest the following additional videos for ab work:

Ab Attack with Trish Muse - there are two 30-minute workouts that really KILL! I got it through www.collagevideo.com a while ago OR try www.bodyproductions.com. ;(

The Winsor Ab Sculpting video is difficult because she does slow "rolling" ab work. I find it really difficlut.

Tamilee Webb's "I want those Abs" are regular ab exercises, but intense with good instruction (she chats with doctors, etc as a separate part of the DVD." Also, her "Abs of STeel" is on DVD now.

You may find these workouts interesting alternatives to Cathe - and a way to diversify your workouts (especially Ab Attack! I really felt that I was attacked!!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.