Cardio Leg Blast

catwoman7631

Cathlete
Yesterday, I did Cardio Leg Blast for the first time (just recently became obsessed with Cathe's workouts so I'm a little behind). I loved it!! The funny thing is I loved the cardio step intervals more than the regular cardio intervals. So now I'm wondering, does Cathe have any HiiT step workouts? I'm talking about you do one move on the step, recover, do another move, recover, etc. I can't handle the dance routine kind, where you keep adding on and have to follow along...I usually end up tripping over myself or staring at the TV screen!

I also find STS Plyo Legs (there are 4 of them) a little similar to Cardio Leg Blast. Love Cardio Leg Blast but STS Plyo Legs is a close 2nd for me anyways. Alternates a strength move with a Plyo move quite often using the step, especially the last 3 discs. These are part of the STS Meso 3 set or you can buy the individual downloads Plyo Legs Disc 26, 29, 32, 35 for about $9.97 each here.
http://www.cathedownloads.com/index.php?s=STS+Plyo&x=-910&y=-138
http://shop.cathe.com/STS_Phase_3_12_DVD_Set_Exercise_DVDs_p/745.htm

Last edited:
I also find STS Plyo Legs (there are 4 of them) a little similar to Cardio Leg Blast. Love Cardio Leg Blast but STS Plyo Legs is a close 2nd for me anyways. Alternates a strength move with a Plyo move quite often using the step, especially the last 3 discs. These are part of the STS Meso 3 set or you can buy the individual downloads Plyo Legs Disc 26, 29, 32, 35 for about $9.97 each here.
Cathe Downloads | Search Results STS Plyo|Search Results for: STS Plyo
STS - Mesocycle #3 Cathe Friedrich's workout video exercise dvd

Thanks for this info about STS plyo legs: I wasn't aware this was the format. I see myself breaking these our to use, regardless of order of workouts in the program. How wonderful. Thanks,

Clare

You may also love High Step Training and High Step Challenge. And I'm sure you can sub a normal step for the high step. They both are full body circuit workouts with cardio step intervals. High Step Training has step intervals on every interval and High Step Challenge has cardio step intervals on almost every other interval. And both are challenging and of course fun-tastic! :D

High Step Training DVD
Hardcore Series: High Step Challenge DVD

Have you considered the original imax ? She gives us intervals and uses simple step choreography for the lower intensity portions.

What about 'Intensity' it has some good step HIIT style stuff too. I like that one. The little HIIT add on is not all on the step though. Check out the preview video on youtube.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I've steered clear of any of the workouts focused on step because I thought they were all dancy. Looks like I need to rethink that idea.

Its Cathe we're talking about here........remember that she can turn ANY simple move on the step (or not) into a heart pounding, sweat dripping, holy crap kind of workout! Have fun shopping!;)

Last edited:
Hey Nathalie! My glutes hurt just watching the clip! I would love to be INSIDE Cathes brain when she starts thinking about new workouts and moves.

Unfortunately I never bought the STS system. I do wish I could get certain discs though, like this one. I've heard a lot about "plyo legs".

Hey Nathalie! My glutes hurt just watching the clip! I would love to be INSIDE Cathes brain when she starts thinking about new workouts and moves.

Unfortunately I never bought the STS system. I do wish I could get certain discs though, like this one. I've heard a lot about "plyo legs".

You are right it does really work glutes.:D:D

You can get a plyo download and try. Zenara 25 has posted a link for download.
Plyo is effective:):):)

Are the sts plyo workouts the same? There is only a clip for 1 of the workouts so I was wondering how different are they? Are they all different exercises or just heavier weights? I watched the clip and loved it but I don't want to download all 3 if they are basically the same workout but with just heavier weights.

Kim

Are the sts plyo workouts the same? There is only a clip for 1 of the workouts so I was wondering how different are they? Are they all different exercises or just heavier weights? I watched the clip and loved it but I don't want to download all 3 if they are basically the same workout but with just heavier weights.

Kim

Are they available on dvd individually too?

Hi Kim,
The STS plyo workouts have some exercises that repeat, just as all the STS DVD's do, but it varies and they are placed in a different order to achieve different levels of intensities/ focus on the muscle groups - at least that's my take on it. The plyos are not set up so that you increase weights with each one though, it's more of an interval or circuit type effect. If you go to the workout manager and look under STS workouts, it goes through what exercises are on each disc so you have a better idea. My personal favorite is disc 29 and no you don't need all of them.
Jamie

Are the sts plyo workouts the same? There is only a clip for 1 of the workouts so I was wondering how different are they? Are they all different exercises or just heavier weights? I watched the clip and loved it but I don't want to download all 3 if they are basically the same workout but with just heavier weights. Kim

There are actually 4 STS Plyo Leg workouts. Disc 26 is the easiest IMO.

Are they available on dvd individually too?

No only in the Meso 3 set or the entire STS system :(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.