Cardio Kicks

susieq

Cathlete
I did this one yesterday, What fun! I have not done this workout for at least five years. It was better than I remember.

I thought it was fun and effective. My arms were sore today.

Susan

Cardio Kicks always gets my arms :) I was thinking of doing that one today as well, but I think I put it off because I wasn't up to high-low. If I remember correctly there is some high-low work in Cardio Kicks.

Wow I forgot that I had this. I've been doing kickboxing once a week so thanks for mentioning this as I will do it this week:)

I would have to say this is my favorite kickbox workout. I love those punches down to the ground. Has that great GGGRRR factor!!

Well I am going to have to disagree. I love all of Cathe's workouts except for this one. I am afraid it is my least favorite and the only one I have ever parted with--should I rethink this?

If you can give another whirl Phyllis. May I ask what you didn't like about it? Not sure why I like it better than the other KB - just do :rolleyes:

Definitely rethink Phyllis!

Well I am going to have to disagree. I love all of Cathe's workouts except for this one. I am afraid it is my least favorite and the only one I have ever parted with--should I rethink this?

It has way more punching and kicking than I remembered, and it's just fun!

I love this one - and have it in VHS!!! I used to have a really large living room which enabled me to do it. This was when I first found Cathe but couldn't really do step yet. But now I have a tiny living room, so I will have to forego it until we move again!! I like it better than ANY of her kickboxing workouts - my absolute FAV! :D

Lisa

This is one workout I didn't like at first, then grew to like (I didn't like the amount of space some of the moves took up---but modifying a bit took care of that---and I had issues with their form-----not paying attention took care of that ,LOL!).

I REALLY like the long warm-up in this one that leads into the workout. I think both this workout and Kick Max have great warm-ups.

I hadn't done CK for a year or two either, but the other day I used the warm-up as a warm-up for a CLX workout. I worked out perfectly.

This is one workout I didn't like at first, then grew to like (I didn't like the amount of space some of the moves took up---but modifying a bit took care of that---and I had issues with their form-----not paying attention took care of that ,LOL!).

I REALLY like the long warm-up in this one that leads into the workout. I think both this workout and Kick Max have great warm-ups.

I hadn't done CK for a year or two either, but the other day I used the warm-up as a warm-up for a CLX workout. I worked out perfectly.

ITA agree about the warm ups Kathryn! I have used the KM warm up often for other workouts. Now that I have "rediscovered" CK, I'll do the same with it.

Susan

I also agree, Phyllis. This is probably the only one of Cathe's I can NOT do. I don't like it at all. The reason being, it has too much Hi/Lo in it, and I *hate* Hi/Lo.

I'm shocked there's this many people who like it! LOL
!

I pull this one out every couple of months to do and still enjoy it. If I'm not mistaken, it was Cathe's first kickboxing workout?

Its interesting to see how much Cathe and her background exercisers kickboxing form has improved over the last several years.. If you look at this KB workout VS her newer ones (4DS KB) its amazing.

Lynn M.

I also agree, Phyllis. This is probably the only one of Cathe's I can NOT do. I don't like it at all. The reason being, it has too much Hi/Lo in it, and I *hate* Hi/Lo.

I'm shocked there's this many people who like it! LOL
!

Yes it is all the hi/lo and I don't like hi/lo either.

I struggled with this workout when it first came out because I was such a die-hard step fan. But after a couple of times I really grew to like it! I haven't done it in a while but have it on my STS cardio rotation so will be doing it soon!

Jo

Low Impact?

Hi -- I don't have this one. Is it really high impact? I have bad knees and need to be able to do it low impact. Is this one OK for bad knees?

Hi -- I don't have this one. Is it really high impact? I have bad knees and need to be able to do it low impact. Is this one OK for bad knees?

I just bought this and did it for the first time yesterday. I would say this has a lot of high impact moves.

When I first got this DVD I wasn't thrilled with CK or Circuit Max, but I revisited them about a year ago and I agree with others, it's more fun than I remembered. I've also come to love hi-lo and circuit workouts over the years, so that could have something to do with it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.