Buidling an aerobics floor

jane_grace

Cathlete
I am going to be building a floor with instructions from StageStep and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice?
The foam blocks have arrived and now I need to get the plywood and start constructing. The instructions seem pretty straight forward so I'm looking for any watchouts, tips, or tricks.
Thanks,
jane

Hi Jane!

We just built the same thing a couple of months ago, and it has made a phenomenal difference for my old aching knees! The major modification that we made, was that we built it in pieces, using 4 x 8 sheets of plywood, that my husband tacked together, so that if we move, we can take it with us. You could also use 4 x 4 as well, or any size you'd like. That's just what worked for us. Our floor is 8 x 8, which is small for all those around the step moves, but adequate. We put it down right on top of the carpet. It works fine - one side is a little warped, but I just put weight plates, and it's really not a problem. Hope this helps, and enjoy your new floor!

Cheers,
Colia

Coila,
What kind of flooring did you put on top of the plywood? I'm thinking of TimeStep or WoodStep.

I have a space in the basement that I use for working out so the floor will be 11' by 12', so I'm going to have to do some cutting but it seems pretty easy. I can't wait to get it built!
Cheers,
jane

We put Quietstep on top - that's what Stagestep recommended to us - it's gray and not that attractive, but works fine. I'm sure any of them would be okay - it's the foam blocks that probably make the big difference - let us know how it all works out! :)

Cheers!
Colia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.