Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Video & DVD Questions and Comments

Video & DVD Questions and Comments Feel free to ask or make comments about any of our Cathe Friedrich videos and DVDs.

Boxing/kickboxing workout results - upper body

This is a discussion on Boxing/kickboxing workout results - upper body within the Video & DVD Questions and Comments forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I'd love to lean out my upper body in addition to building strength and am thinking of adding in more ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By exercise-lover

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 10:15 AM

Default Boxing/kickboxing workout results - upper body

I'd love to lean out my upper body in addition to building strength and am thinking of adding in more kickboxing/boxing type workouts. I love Hard Strikes and KPC and am thinking about buying today's deal of the day: MMA Boxing. I would like to avoid building my lats too much though and don't have a heavy bag (I need to try the HS heavy bag bonus without a bag which I think works for some people.)

Any thoughts/results (specifically upper body related) from anyone who's incorporated more kickboxing/boxing workouts into their rotations? I appreciate it!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Cathlete
exercise-lover's Profile Fields

My favorite is the kickboxing from 4DS. It also has a wonderful heavy upper body premix on it plus other cardio.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Catheite

I really like the MMA boxing, I think it is harder than hard strikes. I have DOMS in my lat area every time I do it plus it has really helped me tone by back and obliques. You can definitely do the bonus w/o the heavy bag. I know this is a day or two late but if you haven't ordered it I would definitely get it next time.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Cathlete
labnick's Profile Fields

I have all of Cathe's kickboxing dvd's and my favorites are Hardstrikes, 4ds, MMA boxing and Cardio Kicks. Cardio Kicks goes way back and is dated but I love the punching drills at the end. Sometimes when I want a quick upper body finish to a workout I'll throw on my weighted gloves and do these drills. I also have a heavy bag that I just started using and use it a few times a week. I always use 1lb weighted gloves when I do the routines and the 12 oz boxing gloves for the bag. These routines have been amazing for my arms!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Cathlete
exercise-lover's Profile Fields

I like Cardio Kicks too! Sometimes the old ones are the good ones.
labnick likes this.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:13 PM

super. thanks all for the information and inspiration!