Boxing/kickboxing workout results - upper body

breathe

Cathlete
I'd love to lean out my upper body in addition to building strength and am thinking of adding in more kickboxing/boxing type workouts. I love Hard Strikes and KPC and am thinking about buying today's deal of the day: MMA Boxing. I would like to avoid building my lats too much though and don't have a heavy bag (I need to try the HS heavy bag bonus without a bag which I think works for some people.)

Any thoughts/results (specifically upper body related) from anyone who's incorporated more kickboxing/boxing workouts into their rotations? I appreciate it!

I really like the MMA boxing, I think it is harder than hard strikes. I have DOMS in my lat area every time I do it plus it has really helped me tone by back and obliques. You can definitely do the bonus w/o the heavy bag. I know this is a day or two late but if you haven't ordered it I would definitely get it next time.

I have all of Cathe's kickboxing dvd's and my favorites are Hardstrikes, 4ds, MMA boxing and Cardio Kicks. Cardio Kicks goes way back and is dated but I love the punching drills at the end. Sometimes when I want a quick upper body finish to a workout I'll throw on my weighted gloves and do these drills. I also have a heavy bag that I just started using and use it a few times a week. I always use 1lb weighted gloves when I do the routines and the 12 oz boxing gloves for the bag. These routines have been amazing for my arms!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.