Advice on buying a dvd for muscle definition

andieje

Cathlete
Hello

I am looking to buy a new cathe dvd. I have PS and S&H. I love S&H but not keen on ps.

I have asked questions recently about the pyramid dvds and I had my mind set of buying them. However whilst I was waiting for a reply from a distributor I devised my own pyramid workout and I decided that I did not like it very much!

I found that it was a real pain to keep changing the weight on the barbells/dumbells during the pyramids. My weights are old and not very easy to change.

So having considered all the weight changes on PUB/PLB I have decided I want a different workout.

I want a dvd that will help improve my definition. I love S&H and I have definitely got a better shape since using it. I have actually noticed though that the maximum weight I can lift has gone down since using s&h because I have not been using heavy weights. I do not mind this because, conversely, I do feel stronger than before anyway. I guess my endurance has improved rather than pure strength.

I am now torn between muscle endurance and the new gym style workouts.
I would greatly appreciate advice on this.

I have actually just got a video off ebay from 1980 with Gilad called Arms of Steel so I will do that while I am waiting for a new workout. Its very old and cheesy and he wears white lycra leggings :)

Thanks in advance
Andrea

Hi Andrea.

If I were you, I wouldn't rule out the Pyramids. In PUB, you don't even use a barbell; you use all dumbells. In PLB, Cathe does use a barbell, but you can sub in dumbells as well. I tend you use dumbells for the first and sometims second party of the pyramid and then switch to a preloaded barbell for the heaviest part.

Muscle Endurance is very good for definition, and it's pretty fun. I obviously can't comment on the gym style workouts, since they aren't quite ready yet.

Good luck,
Shelbygirl

Andrea-
I have that Pyramid DVD, and I use dumbells in place of a barbell because I don't have a "quick change" barbell, nor do I have a lot of weights to put on it. The dumbells work fine, you just have to be careful when you're hoisting the 20 pounders up onto your shoulders!

I have Muscle Endurance, and I think you can gain definition from this. But, be aware because of the endurance factor, you might not be able to go as heavy as you want to. ME has nice variety, though, and your muscles get strong because they are going for a long-ish time.

The new gym style workouts look like they will max out the specific area they are geared toward. My guess is that these new workouts will be more for definition, moreso than ME. But you might want to have ME in your collection "just because." Oh--the ab section in ME is one of Cathe's best, in my opinion!

:D Lisa

Hi Andrea,

I would recommend Power Hour to you. Loads of fun but kicks your butt. Not as much changing of weights. STILL...I agree to not ruling out the Pyramids. They're great workouts & I love to rotate them with S&H.

Of course, you'll want some of the new ones too! LOL

Have fun,
Ruth:) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.