5-Disc Player Worth It?

LadyLwyr

For those of you w/ 5-disc players, do you think they're worth the expense?

My collection of Cathe DVDs is almost complete (I have all but of the older DVDs and her comp DVDs). Last night, as I was trying to create a mish mosh, short cardio segment, I wondered if the changing from disc to disc and chapter to chapter would be significantly simplified w/ a 5-disc player (BTW, I can't program my single disc player).

What have everyone's experiences been like? Do these move fairly smoothly and quickly between one disc/chapter and another? I know 5-disc players have other uses as well (e.g., they often double as CD players), but I'm primarily interested in using one for working out.

Thanks.

Tracy

I would pay triple for a 5-disker if I had to replace mine. It's one of the best investments I've ever made.

They do operate smoothly (mine's a Sony), and the ease and speed with which you can zoom from disc to disc make your workout design options almost limitless.

A-Jock

Just make sure it has the option to program. I got one very cheap and I can't even mix and match because it doesn't have that feature! I just assumed all 5 disc players would. Why else would anyone want a 5 disc player?

I have a 5-disc player and never use the "program" feature just because I never figured it out yet! :p I agree with AJ that it is so easy to skip from disc-to-disc. No rewinding or forwarding, just push a few buttons and you are there in seconds. Go for it! I LOVE mine!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I love my Sony 5-Disc Player!

Often, when considering whether to purchase something I know is more useful, of better quality, etc., I ask myself if I'd miss the little bit of money I would have spent on the better product (which I'd probably have spent on something else anyway) or if, every time I'd used the cheaper product, I'd wished I'd had the better one. The answer is, I'm always glad to have the better product! You'd probably regret not having bought the 5-Disc player unless money was a big consideration.

So Debbie, I guess I am not the only one who has not taken the time to figure out the programming feature of the dvd player.:eek: I really need to do this one of these days.

Tracy, OMG get the 5 disc. Your workouts will be without interruption and you won't lose your heart rate or momentum. I have a Sony and a Toshiba and they both are great!

Thanks for all of the responses. You've sold me (as soon as I recover from my last fitness splurges). For those of you who are happy w/ your players, would you care to tell me the specific model you own?

About two years ago, while still fairly new to Cathe...I went ahead and bought a Sony 5 Disc DVD player...thanks to A-jock's posts! You won't regret your decision! I love mine and use it ALL the time!
Angela:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.