Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Ask Cathe

Ask Cathe This is a forum to ask Cathe Friedrich a question. Cathe can't answer every post, but will try to answer as many as possible.

Work Out Shoes for Carpet

This is a discussion on Work Out Shoes for Carpet within the Ask Cathe forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi, I was wondering if any of you work out on carpet. If you do, which shoes do you use? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Cathlete
exercise-lover's Profile Fields

Default Work Out Shoes for Carpet

Hi, I was wondering if any of you work out on carpet. If you do, which shoes do you use? I want to buy some good workout shoes that will be OK on carpet. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Catheite
Donnysgirl's Profile Fields

Smile Workout Shoes

Hi There!

I use Ryka Studio Flex Mids and Lows. The mids are my personal favorite but either ones are great. Any Ryka shoe is good - just make sure that it's for this type workouts (step, hi-low etc) and not a running or walking shoe. Ryka is really good, because they are designed for a woman's foot, and I particularly like the wide toe box. That makes them very comfortable for all the jumping around we do in a Cathe workout. Hope this helps you!

Sharon
Old 09-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Cathlete
Cosmo Mom's Profile Fields

Yes Rykas are good. Have a hard time finding them around here - all I find are the walking ones.

I have a hard time. period. finding sneaks that work for cross-training that are comfortable. I end up buying running shoes But I just bought a pair of New Balance that are nice.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Hi Exercise-lover! I tested out/rehearsed the new choreography for these workouts on a carpeted floor for two weeks straight before moving it over to the gym. I had no issues and was wearing Rykas Assist XT 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exercise-lover View Post
Hi, I was wondering if any of you work out on carpet. If you do, which shoes do you use? I want to buy some good workout shoes that will be OK on carpet. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Cathlete

Thanks for these suggestions. Cathe do you know if Rykas run pretty true-to-size? I haven't had them for awhile and can't remember. Thanks for all the responses.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Catheite
hiho322's Profile Fields

I realize you asked Cathe this question, but I can tell you from experience that Rykas tend to run 1/2 size small, so go up. For instance, I usually wear a size 7 shoe and I get a 7 1/2 Ryka. I just bought a new pair two days ago and am loving them. Try DSW; I got a really good deal there on what turned out to be exactly the same ones Cathe's using in the new workouts!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Cathlete

Thanks, HiHo. It's so frustrating to order shoes and have to exchange them. I appreciate your advice. Do you know if Rykas have a high top shoe that would be just as good as the Assist XT2? I love some ankle support, but can do without it if the other is that much better. Again, Thanks.