Work Out Shoes for Carpet

exercise-lover

Cathlete
Hi, I was wondering if any of you work out on carpet. If you do, which shoes do you use? I want to buy some good workout shoes that will be OK on carpet. Thanks.

Workout Shoes

Hi There!

I use Ryka Studio Flex Mids and Lows. The mids are my personal favorite but either ones are great. Any Ryka shoe is good - just make sure that it's for this type workouts (step, hi-low etc) and not a running or walking shoe. Ryka is really good, because they are designed for a woman's foot, and I particularly like the wide toe box. That makes them very comfortable for all the jumping around we do in a Cathe workout. Hope this helps you!

Sharon

Yes Rykas are good. Have a hard time finding them around here - all I find are the walking ones.

I have a hard time. period. finding sneaks that work for cross-training that are comfortable. I end up buying running shoes:( But I just bought a pair of New Balance that are nice.

Hi Exercise-lover! I tested out/rehearsed the new choreography for these workouts on a carpeted floor for two weeks straight before moving it over to the gym. I had no issues and was wearing Rykas Assist XT 2.

Hi, I was wondering if any of you work out on carpet. If you do, which shoes do you use? I want to buy some good workout shoes that will be OK on carpet. Thanks.

Thanks for these suggestions. Cathe do you know if Rykas run pretty true-to-size? I haven't had them for awhile and can't remember. Thanks for all the responses.

I realize you asked Cathe this question, but I can tell you from experience that Rykas tend to run 1/2 size small, so go up. For instance, I usually wear a size 7 shoe and I get a 7 1/2 Ryka. I just bought a new pair two days ago and am loving them. Try DSW; I got a really good deal there on what turned out to be exactly the same ones Cathe's using in the new workouts!

Thanks, HiHo. It's so frustrating to order shoes and have to exchange them. I appreciate your advice. Do you know if Rykas have a high top shoe that would be just as good as the Assist XT2? I love some ankle support, but can do without it if the other is that much better. Again, Thanks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.