Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

1. Ripped with HiiT Presale

Work Out Shoes for Carpet

Discussion in 'Ask Cathe' started by exercise-lover, Aug 28, 2010.

1. exercise-lover Cathlete

Hi, I was wondering if any of you work out on carpet. If you do, which shoes do you use? I want to buy some good workout shoes that will be OK on carpet. Thanks.

2. Donnysgirl Cathlete

Workout Shoes

Hi There!

I use Ryka Studio Flex Mids and Lows. The mids are my personal favorite but either ones are great. Any Ryka shoe is good - just make sure that it's for this type workouts (step, hi-low etc) and not a running or walking shoe. Ryka is really good, because they are designed for a woman's foot, and I particularly like the wide toe box. That makes them very comfortable for all the jumping around we do in a Cathe workout. Hope this helps you!

Sharon

3. Cosmo Mom Cathlete

Yes Rykas are good. Have a hard time finding them around here - all I find are the walking ones.

I have a hard time. period. finding sneaks that work for cross-training that are comfortable. I end up buying running shoes:( But I just bought a pair of New Balance that are nice.

4. Cathe Friedrich Administrator

Hi Exercise-lover! I tested out/rehearsed the new choreography for these workouts on a carpeted floor for two weeks straight before moving it over to the gym. I had no issues and was wearing Rykas Assist XT 2.

5. exercise-lover Cathlete

Thanks for these suggestions. Cathe do you know if Rykas run pretty true-to-size? I haven't had them for awhile and can't remember. Thanks for all the responses.

6. hiho322 Cathlete

I realize you asked Cathe this question, but I can tell you from experience that Rykas tend to run 1/2 size small, so go up. For instance, I usually wear a size 7 shoe and I get a 7 1/2 Ryka. I just bought a new pair two days ago and am loving them. Try DSW; I got a really good deal there on what turned out to be exactly the same ones Cathe's using in the new workouts!

7. exercise-lover Cathlete

Thanks, HiHo. It's so frustrating to order shoes and have to exchange them. I appreciate your advice. Do you know if Rykas have a high top shoe that would be just as good as the Assist XT2? I love some ankle support, but can do without it if the other is that much better. Again, Thanks.