Which work out please?

I have always been a weight work out fan, but Cathe's Cross Train series is intriguing me. What is this one supposed to target, and are the weights in there equivalent to her other workouts?

I was doing pretty well, and then I just stopped, and I don't know if there is any reason for that. I just know now it is a "have to" exercise, not just want to exercise.

I am not worried about it being too much for me, even though it probably is. I just usually plow on through them at my pace until I can get with the pace on the dvd.

I would appreciate any information you can give me.
Thank you

Do you mean Cross Train Express?

There are many cardio workouts, and then a weights section every day for each upper body muscle group and the lower body.

Or, you can select to do the entire upper body sections all in one go, and the lower body all in one go as they feature separately on the DVD discs.

The weight training is endurance based: high rep, lighter weight. So, you can do this if you are coming back after a break, you just do what you can, use weights that are challenging for you and keep going, as you say!

The lower body workout is called Leaner Legs and has the alternative name of Meaner Legs because it will make you burn! But, just use an appropriate amount of weight for you and pause the DVD when necessary.

The 5 cardio segments span the range of intervals, step, kickbox, hi/lo, so there is a mix of styles and intensities. I like to put two of these back to back for a super cardio blast. Mix and match as you like between cardio segments, weights segments, etc.

You'll do fine.

Clare

CTX - Eccentric moves

I have always been a weight work out fan, but Cathe's Cross Train series is intriguing me. What is this one supposed to target, and are the weights in there equivalent to her other workouts?

I would appreciate any information you can give me.
Thank you

Hi,

CTX aka cross trainer express is a high rep program for the weight segment. Not only it's a high rep, it contain eccentric moves aka negatives. "Normal" lifting contracting muscle produce force. Eccentric moves causes muscle to resist force. This does help in gaining strength to endure concentric phase.

In simple word. Eccentrics move help in gaining strength contracting muscle/ lifting in a conventional way. You have probably noticed you need to go lighter than would normally select. probable between 55-65% one rep max. Eccentrics moves are notoriously known to cause DOMS.:D

Enjoy CTX:);)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.