Work out Disorder

lchappell

Cathe:

I am so happy for you. You must be excited to be on your way and having your knee back.

Is working out twice a day bad for you? When can it be bad for you? If you are trying to loose weight, can two workouts in one day be ok?

Thank you.

Lori

Not Cathe, but I think that working out twice a day depends on your level of fitness, as well as how long you do it for. Say, for instance, you want to run for 30 minutes in the morning and then do a 60 minute weight training in the evening 3 or 4 times per week then perhaps this may be okay. On the other hand, overtraining can lead to injury and emotional fatigue (not to mention those poor muscles need time to relax and replenish themselves). If you occassionally workout twice a day this may be acceptable depending on your level of fitness and goals you are trying to achieve. IMO, I don't think you will achieve the results you want in the long term if it is for weight loss. Instead, try increasing your daily activity in addition to using 1 good solid workout per day (such as in Cathe's rotation board or FitnessFreak's rotation board). I would hate to see you fall behind because of an injury. If you aren't already active in your lifestyle, try walking up stairs rather than take the elevator, park in the back of the parking lot and walk, play a sport with your kids or friends, etc. There is so much you can do to add activity that will help boost your metabolism.

If you are trying to loose weight, then make sure you are eating clean. Cathe always says eat healthy! If you don't you are throwing away your hard work and you are not feeding your body the nutrients it needs to replenish itself after those tough workouts}( Good luck on finding your right fitness regiment. Just remember that it is a combination of an active lifestyle, healthy eating habits, and balanced workout that makes any weight loss (or weight management) successful:)

I know how you feel. I work out for hours everyday, whether I'm at practice for 4 hours, at the gym for 3 hours, or doing many Cathe workouts. I know that's a lot of work, but I love working out. I look forward to it everyday. I say that if you like owrking out 2 tims a day, go for it, just make sure you get good sleep, eat good, and maybe the next day don't do 2 workouts, just a liitle one for like an hour or so, then the next day do what you please. I hope this helps you!

~Adri;-)
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

There is a quote that might help, "there is no such thing as overtraining, just undereating or undersleeping.." If you do not feel tired or weak, then working out twice a day for one or two days a week is fine. Try cross training to prevent overuse injuries. Everyone is different, just listen to your body. Monitor your morning pulse rate- if it is higher than normal it could be a sign of overtraining. If that happens, take it easy for a few days! Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.