Will I get leaner faster if.......

Hi Cathe,
I was just wondering will I get leaner faster if I lift weights 6 days a week or should I give a day's rest in between? I know people say to allow a day in between so your muscles can recuperate but I was wondering if it was really dangerous if you weight lift everyday.
Thanks for your time and patience.

Danielle

you can lift weights everyday but you shouldn't use the same muscle group everyday. for example if you did bis and tris on monday don't do it on tuesday do a different mucle group such as legs. many people do splits that do one muscle group per day. try it out and see if it works for you. just make sure your giving it your all and really lifting as heavy as you can with correcto form, thats whats going to give you the results your looking for.

Weight lifting introduces micro-tears in the muscle, and it is only by resting that these can be repaired, and it is this repair process that builds muscle mass and strength. If you do not rest each muscle group after training it, you are heading for injury and short-changing yourself and you will not see results.

Clare

Danielle - You might be thinking of doing something along the lines of Slim Training (Slim in Six/Slim Series) or working your lower body every day with little or no weights called Freestyle Training (I think thats what it's called). There's a book called the Lower Body Solution that tells you more about this.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.