Why do the bands cause so much burn?

Renee McFar

Cathlete
Please explain to me if you can how band work gives such a wonderful burn. My triceps, well my whole upper body, has been frying up from the Hardcore workouts that use the band. I am finally starting to see good tricep definition. Love it!

Why does the band burn more than dumbells? Thanks! Renee

this is b/c the bands provide constant resistance on the muscle whereas dumbbell resistance changes depending upon what part of the lift you are at. for example doing a bicep curl with a dumbell: when your forearm is horizontal to the floor its at most resistance b/c the lever length(length of arm)is at the longest point but as you keep moving up to complete the curl the resistance isn't as hard b/c the lever length is shortened and is not as effected by the weight or gravity. but since the bands provide constant tension it doesn't matter what length the lever is at b/c there is always that same resistance on the working lever. do you understand? it may be a little too kinesiology. i love the bands and this is why cable pully systems and bands give such great results, contant work.;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.