Who does The Firm and Cathe Please came and Meet me.

slimbr

Cathlete
Hi, My name is Sonia Brammer I have been doing The Firm for a year now. I really want to start doing Cathe Videos so I am waiting for the hardcore series to do so. I have a daugther and I am married to an wonderful husband. I life in Miami, Florida and I am 35 years old. I love to exercise.

I would like to meet people to did or do The Firm and Cathe Videos.

Life is good.

I do Cathe workouts and have done so for about 5-6 years and I love them they are no nonsense(not dancy)moves, like in her first video. Her workouts are fun and challenging to say the least.

I have also done The Firm for about(I hate to say it)16 years!!! UGH! I like all the pre-2001 Firms. They are so much more fun than the newer ones!! They have an actual class set up and I don't think they are as boring as the newer ones. I don't think the new ones are motivating they are too "choreographed" for a better word.

I try to workout at least 4-6 days per week have slacked off for the last year but I am now starting to get back into it now! I am finally getting back on track.

I think you will enjoy Cathe workouts she is great and I look forward to all her new DVD's I can never get enough!!

Penny

RE: Who does The Firm and Cathe Please came and Meet me...

Hi Sonia!

I did the Firm for 2 years faithfully. It was a really good way to start with stepping and weight training, but cathe is so much more advanced and more interesting and more REAL . . . you'll love her!

The Firm workouts are lower impact, so I still go back to their aerobic workouts occasionally when my joints are screaming. But, I find those workouts quite boring now. Cathe will spoil you, believe me!

I'm waiting for my Hardcord series, too. Don't be discouraged if when you preview them, they seem too hard. You CAN do these workouts if you're willing to work. They ARE worth the effort it will take to learn them and build up your strength and endurance to "hang" with Cathe and crew.

Enjoy! :)

Anna

I did the FIRM for 17 years. These were the workouts that got me lifting weight and doing cardio on a regular basis and my body made an amazing transformation. Then I found Cathe and her workouts took my fitness to levels I never thought possible. I am more muscular, have more stamina (due to her IMAX workouts)and kickbox with a passion. I am 45 years old and in the best shape of my life thanks to Cathe. I am still "choreographically challenged" when it comes to doing step, but I am not giving up and can do some of her step routines more smoothly now. I still do some of my older Firms on days when I want a change or am pressed for time (such as Volume4/time crunch)but I do mostly Cathe these days and love every minute of it - even when I am begging for mercy!!!!!

You will love the transition from the Firm to Cathe. Cathe talks you through everything and cues impeccably. It's like having her right there with you. She has a great "crew" too!!

Deb

Thank you all for your support. I hope to have your all as my news friends and helpers on my new journey on fitness with Cathe.

Life is good.

Hi Slimbr,I have been using the firm during 2 years. I have the old classic ones and the BBS1. I only used now the volume 1 with Susan Harris.Whit that exception I only do Cathe's workouts and some kickbox of Janis Saffell. Welcome.happy holidays.

Mariángeles s spanish terminator junkie.:)

Its amazes me to see that people starts with the firm and then do Cathe and stop doing The Firm. Is Cathe that better????? Well I guess I am going to wait and see that I think of hers dvd. I will post my opinion later.

Hi, My name is Sonia Brammer I have been doing The Firm for a year now. I really want to start doing Cathe Videos so I am waiting for the hardcore series to do so. I have a daugther and I am married to an wonderful husband. I life in Miami, Florida and I am 35 years old. I love to exercise.

I would like to meet people to did or do The Firm and Cathe Videos.

Life is good.

Hi Sonia. Check your PM. I just sent you a message.
:)
Runathon

Good how in the world I do that???? Check PM????? I am still learning.

Life is good.

199/151/125

>Good how in the world I do that???? Check PM????? I am still
>learning.
>
>Life is good.
>
>199/151/125

ETA: I forgot to tell you to go to the main Forums page. That is where you will find the "user menu."

On the top of your screen click on "user menu." Then on the left side of the new screen, click on "in box."

You should, however, have a little red flag waving at you when you sign in when you have a message in your email.

HTH (hope that helps). ;)

Hi Sonia,

I've done Firm in the past & occasionally for something different in the present, but I honestly think they don't compare to Cathe. (Neither does anyone else!;-) )

I just wanted to say Welcome to Cathe & to the Forum. We're very happy to have you with us.

You're gonna LOVE working out with Cathe.

Ruth:) :)

I think the Firm and Cathe compliment each other very well. I've been Firming for about a year and a half and started doing Cathe about 4 months ago. It's nice to have diversity. It's really nice to mix them up! Cathe's just so good and she's tough. Her workouts have taken me up a notch. I can see where people would switch over to Cathe completely. She's got a full line of workouts and you can mix it up and get excellent rotations. But I love the variety and aside from the Firm and Cathe also throw in yoga and pilates and others. You'll notice some people doing Voight, Taylor, P90X, and others to round out their routines. There's no either or, it's all about what you love.

Hi Sonia,

I also did the firm for the last 3 years. I saw Cathe on FitTV and started to tape her shows. I have fallen in love with her workouts. I love them! I will never go back to the firm. Cathe is so challenging and keeps me so motivated. I just got her timesaver video and I mix it up with the ones I've taped and I can do so many different workouts. I have done her since September and have seen a big change in my core and upper body. Her step videos are really tricky but I love the challenge. I want to get her new series but not sure which one's I want to get yet. I think you will really love working out with her. She is the best instructor I have ever seen on videos and believe me I have a lot of tapes! Good Luck!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Cindi

I just had to respond with another vote for Cathe! Been doing the Firm since the 80s with the original video and Susan Harris. I was at a fitness plateau and didn't even realize it. I own 65 Firm videos, some of which I recently purchased x( Then I started to realize that the Firm's cardio was not enough and I always loved step aerobics so I got a couple of Cathe's step tapes. I had been planning my own rotation this month with the Firm and some Cathe step but I got hooked on Cathe so fast. I think her workouts are way superior to the Firm. In just the past month since I discovered Cathe I now have invested in DVDs and videos that are taking my fitness up another notch. It's amazing. IMO don't "waste" too much money on Firm videos get Cathe- I love every one I have tried so far. Good luck.

Linda in Arizona

Hi Sonia,

My name is Cathy. Right now my husband and I are stationed in Italy with the navy and I am 33 years old. I have been doing the Firm for about a year also and am looking for adding some intensity to my workouts.

I found out about Cathe from the collagevideo forum. My husband gave me a "topper" and extra riser to add to my regular step (now I have a "high step"!) as well as a gift certificate for xmas for collage so I am thinking of getting one of Cathe's DVD's.

Nice to meet you!

:)

I got a few Firm DVD's at the beginning of this year, but found them very boring and "fake." Everybody had a smile on their face and acted as though the workouts weren't even taxing them. I just wasn't impressed, and then I discovered Cathe on FitTV. I was hooked. They don't hide that the workout is hard and oftentimes Cathe jokes about how hard it is. And her workouts are so much more challenging and fun. I doubt I'll ever do my Firm workouts again.

Cathy, don't think, DO. LOL! You will pleasantly be surprised. Nice to hear from you all the way from Italy. I'm jealous!

Marla:p

OK I'm gonna do it :) ! The collage website has the IMAX 2 plus Cardio and Weights DVD which sounds like a great workout! I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum!
Cathy

Hi Sonia,

I did the Firm for about a year before I discovered Cathe on Collage Video -- someone had written a review on Collage that "if you want a real workout get a Cathe Friedrich tape." So I did, and I was hooked. The workout was the best I'd ever seen on video (or in a gym, for that matter), and the quality of the DVD was superior (chaptering, premixes, music, etc.).

I kept my Firm videos for about 6 months but never used them, so I sold them all on eBay, and the fanny lifter, too. Actually, I sold all my other videos (Voight, Quick Fix, etc.) because Cathe's make the rest pale in comparison. (I only kept Gilad because he was the first video tape I ever bought and he has a soft spot in my heart -- but I don't use it :p ).

Cathy -- YAY! Have fun with IMAX2 & Cardio and Weights. They are so fun and the music is great!

Marla G.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.