Where to begin

Titus2woman

Hi! I've been usig the FIRM, and from there forum I'm hearing a lot about Cathe. I'm looking for a low impact, full body workout that covers both cardio and sculpting. What tape should I begin with? Many thanks--Sandi

Hi Sandi!

I think the Wedding video might be a good starter. It has both cardio & strength. All of Cathe's tapes are intense so I can't say that it is low impact. You can always modify or do a different step if there are moves that are too high impact for you. It's a great tape (like getting two workouts in one) even if you aren't getting married. Also, her new 6-pack is great for incorporating cardio and strength. Welcome and let us know what you decide! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

RE: I second what Debbie says

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-00 AT 07:46PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Sandi!! Debbie expressed my thoughts exactly!! I don't think you'll be disapponted with either. I have one other suggestion, though, CircutMax!! Again, nothing of Cathe's is low impact, but you can always leave out the jumps and modify whatever else you need to. Good Luck and let us know what you decide!!!

Aimee

Hello Sandi,
I think Mega Step Blast is a good choice also. Cathe really breaks down her moves a lot as well as in the Wedding Tape. If you had to make a choice between the two, I would choose the Wedding Tape because it also has a fill body toning section. You get two workouts on one tape. I have both tapes and did not regret my purchase. Once you learn the choreography in these tapes, the other tapes will be easier to follow and learn. Trust me you will want more tapes because she is a great instructor, the best I have seen.:)

Good luck, and let us know what you decide. Also if you want a good full body strength tape, Maximum Intensity Strenght is a great pick!!

Thank you all for sharing your wisdom with me! Do I need any extra equipment to begin the "Wedding" tape or the others mentioned? Won't Cathe consider a low-impact tape--pretty please? Sandi

RE: Equipment

Hi Sandi,
All you need is a step and hand weights. Since you have been working out with the Firm tapes, you probably already have weights. You won't need really heavy weights because it is toning not muscle building. I think I used 5-8-10 and 15 pounds.

Mega Step Blast is an all step tape, all you need is a step, there is no toning section in this tape.

Do you have a step like the one Cathe uses?

Terri

RE: Videos

Hello Sandi:

It's me, Cynthia, from the Firm Forum/Kingdom Quest Forum. You have received great advice here. When I first started with Cathe, they gave me recommendations and I followed them with great success. I started with the Wedding Tape and then Mega Step Blast. The Wedding tape is wonderful for anyone just starting out with step because every move is broken down. Also, she will tell you what the move is called, so that in future tapes, when she say "T-Step", you automatically know what it is. When I moved on to Mega Step Blast, it was a very easy transition, and then Step Heat, and then Interval Max...

As someone who now owns every Cathe tape that there is, I truly think that she is the best. I always get an incredible workout and to this day can honestly tell you that EACH AND EVERY tape she has made is wonderful. I never feel cheated. However, let me tell you about impact. Alot of her tapes are high impact. I am someone who can handle some impact, but not consistent. I have found her tapes to be so incredibly easy to modify, that even on certain exercises where she doesn't show the low impact modification, you automatically can tell what one would be. My suggestion would be to start with the Wedding Tape, wherein you get a strength workout AND a step workout (which I might add is lots of fun and still one of my favorites), and see how well you do with modification. Then, you can take it from there.

One last thing. If you do not own a long step, and you decide that you are going to purchase additional Cathe tapes after you check her out, you are going to need to purchase one. I got "The Step", which was $80.00 but I have seen a step just as long as that one at Target for $25. It was not as nice as "The Step" but certainly just as long and did have risers. The "Firm Leg Press" box will not do under any condition as there is just not enough room. Do you own any type of step other then the leg press box?

Best of luck and welcome to the wonderful world of Cathe.

God Bless,
Cynthia

OH *thank you* for your replies! I am *excited* about getting the "Wedding" tape! :) It also feels great to be among friends, Cynthia. :) I do not have a step. I also do not have credit cards and was hoping to find the tape in stores--not gonna happen, is it? Oh well. Sometime I'll work out the money order thing... Sandi

OH *thank you* for your replies! I am *excited* about getting the "Wedding" tape! :) It also feels great to be among friends, Cynthia. :) I do not have a step. I also do not have credit cards and was hoping to find the tape in stores--not gonna happen, is it? Oh well. Sometime I'll work out the money order thing... Sandi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.