Wedding Dress Workout

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Cathe,

In four months and three days, I will marry the man of my dreams. I have the perfect dress, the perfect setting (the beaches of the Outer Banks), etc. Of course, I want to look perfect in my dress.

I have been workout out with you for almost a year now, and I have lost about 15 pounds (of fat, I would assume) and gained plenty of muscle. I look fabulous, thanks to you.

What I am concerned about most now is having my upper body look especially buff and muscular in my strapless gown. I am finishing up a one month rotation with Gym Styles (which I love). I also have the Four Day Split and plenty of circuit workouts.

What would you recommend that I do for the next four months to really lean out and get that cut look in my upper body? I do not currently own Slow & Heavy or the Pyramids, but I will buy whatever you tell me to -- I trust you!

Thanks in advance, and thanks for helping me getting my body this far!!

Katie, In my humble experience you can't go wrong with the Pyramids. One of my all-time favorites. I don't have a rotation for it and I actually did UB so often (too often) when I first got it that I injured myself, but maybe someone else (Cathe?!) will have a better recommendation.

Congratulations, Katie. I got engaged on January 1 (no, we do not have a wedding date set yet!). I smiled at your post because once I got engaged, I bought Cathe's wedding video just for fun. It's standard cardio step and some weight lifting. It's nowhere as intense as the strength series you mentioned, but to see snippets of Cathe's wedding did make me smile (I also used much heavier weights that Cathe did in this video). If you want an extra smile, I had fun with the video (though I'll get my real strength workouts from 4DS and others).

One of the reasons I bought STS is I hope it will help me prepare for my wedding dress, too!

Dawn

Cathe's wedding video is pretty inexpensive, especially if you're buying something else and can save on shipping.

To see Cathe in her wedding dress, watch the preview of the video on the Web site. Because I recently got engaged, I thought it was fun to watch--and of course I did the workout, too. :)

Katie,

I just set my wedding date--November 22. The good thing is that I just ordered STS, too. I may be able to wear a strapless dress after all!

Bump!

Dawn

Cathe and Katie,

First, thank you, Cathe. I'm getting married on November 22, and this weekend I bought the gown. I never imagined that I would be able to confidently wear a strapless gown, but since doing your workouts, I was actually pretty proud of my upper body. Thanks! (I've lost 99 pounds since February 2006 :) ).

So, I just bought STS to keep toning, and since I couldn't wait, I went ahead and bought Slow & Heavy, too.

As Katie has asked about a wedding dress workout, I'm hoping Slow & Heavy will fit the bill until STS comes out.

have a great day!
Dawn

Cathe and Katie,

First, thank you, Cathe. I'm getting married on November 22, and this weekend I bought the gown. I never imagined that I would be able to confidently wear a strapless gown, but since doing your workouts, I was actually pretty proud of my upper body. Thanks! (I've lost 99 pounds since February 2006 :) ).

So, I just bought STS to keep toning, and since I couldn't wait, I went ahead and bought Slow & Heavy, too.

As Katie has asked about a wedding dress workout, I'm hoping Slow & Heavy will fit the bill until STS comes out.

have a great day!
Dawn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.