Using paper plates/slide discs

DivaAnn

I pre-ordered your new set and can't wait for it to arrive. The area at home in which I workout has carpet. Will the slide discs or paper plates work on this type of flooring?

Paper plates/Slide Discs

I pre-ordered your new set of DVDs and can't wait for them to arrive. But...the area, in which I workout, has carpet. Will the Slide Discs or Paper Plates work on this type of flooring?

Do I really need the Slide and Glide Discs?

Hi Everyone! I have had many questions asking my opinion on whether I think this new Low Impact Series can be done using paper plates or if I think you should get the Slide N Glide discs? Therefore I thought it would benefit everyone if I answered it publicly.

I am not a pushy salesperson type and I am always honest with you. So when it comes to your total safety, enjoyment and fullest workout experience, I have to say that if you don't already have the discs coming with your workout, I wholeheartedly suggest that you consider getting Slide N Glide Discs (or put them on your holiday wish list) for my Low Impact Series.

While you certainly can still do a good portion of many exercises with paper plates as a substitute, this series was created with the mindset of using our actual Slide n Glide discs to keep the workouts highly effective, highly intense and of course super safe. This most especially pertains to the actual Slide N Glide Workout DVD because this workout has you using both discs together simultaneously (for a much longer non-stop period of time to produce an intense cardiovascular workout). To keep your workout safe and effective the smoothest of workout surfaces is recommended. In my honest opinion, the workout will not be the same with a paper plate because you'll be wasting energy gripping your feet too tightly to keep the paper plate from getting out from under you. Also, your sliding texture/surface will not be slick enough to produce the intended effect and therefore could cause unnecessary/unwanted stress to the joints as you struggle to keep up.

The Slide N Glide disc will take all of that wasted effort out of your feet and ankles, reduce stress to the knees, and allow you to engage your glutes and quads for a much more powerful and intense workout. In fact your gliding surface will be so effortless that if you are used to the restriction of the paper plate, the disc will feel like a whole new exercise allowing you to go much deeper with your range of motion.

If you are new to using a disc I suggest you start out shallow in your range of motion until your body adapts to the deeper range of motion the disc allows for. Don't panic, this proprioception won't take long.

char1025 said:
I have rubberized flooring down where i work out. will the disks work on that too?

Char, I don't think they will work smoothly on a rubber surface. I'd suggest you pick up a cheap 5 X 7 throw rug. Easy just to grab it and "throw it down" ! :) Depending on the move Cathe does, you just adjust to using it length wise or width wise if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.