Tricep Troubles

spyrosmom

Cathlete
Hello!!! I have wimpy triceps and I need help!!! I've been using Muscle Max recently as my weight workout and everything has firmed up and toned up and gained strength nicely except my triceps. I cannot for the life of me get thru the tricep portion. I can do the overhead part with about 12lb dumbbell with no problems but the dips and the band are killing me. The band just burns which I can deal with, but I can't make it thru the dips, I feel like I'm gonna fall on my butt. I've been using this w/o for about 4 or 6 weeks, and like I said everything else has totally improved. Is it a matter of time? I always thought triceps were pretty quick to improve. Or do I just need to loose some pounds to lift my self up? Any and all suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!!

You are not alone, I can use tons of weight for every tricep exercise, but when it comes to the dips! I am a super wimp, always have been.
Seriously, I do not get it either, but just do my best.
I attribute my pushup/tricep dips weakness to my "girls", which are quite large, it takes a alot of oomph to get them up off the ground!!:7

Hi Spyrosmom! Try doing the tricep exercises in a different order. Do your hardest first, then the next hardest second, and save the easy for last. Do this for three workouts in a row. Then change the order again for three workouts putting the second hardest first, and then the hardest followed again by the easiest. Finally, do the workout the way it is scripted and it should be easier for you now and you might even finish with no problems :7

Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.