Too tall for Standing Barbell Front Press!

I'm just a bit too tall to be able to do the STS standing barbell front press in my home. I have to do a very staggered kickstand to be able to accomplish, but i find this is causing some major back arching. Can i do the same exercise but with sitting instead?? Will i get the same results?? Or should i try using dumbbells instead?

Thanks in advance, and many thanks for answering my 1 rep max for other non-STS workouts earlier! :)

Is it because your ceilings are too low? If so, I'd def sit rather then compromise correct form. I find it harder to do that move sitting so if you have to go down in weight, I'd just do a couple/few more reps at a lower weight. Just an idea.

Thanks for weighing in Debbie! Actually ceilings aren't that low. But i'm 6'3" with long arms and throw in that the smallest barbell plate i can use are the 25's with their large diameter and all the sudden i'm hitting the ceiling pretty often, (which i'm sure my neighbors are tired of hearing first thing in the morning.) :)

I'll try sitting with same weight i've been using, but if that's too much i'll adjust down and maybe retake the 1 rep max in the sitting position one more time for better adjustment.

Thanks again!

hapkidokid said:
Thanks for weighing in Debbie! Actually ceilings aren't that low. But i'm 6'3" with long arms and throw in that the smallest barbell plate i can use are the 25's with their large diameter and all the sudden i'm hitting the ceiling pretty often, (which i'm sure my neighbors are tired of hearing first thing in the morning.) :)

I'll try sitting with same weight i've been using, but if that's too much i'll adjust down and maybe retake the 1 rep max in the sitting position one more time for better adjustment.

Thanks again!

You said, "Thanks for WEIGHING in! " Good one! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.