Three questions about MIS

Karyn99

Hi! I'm relatively new to Cathe and I've been using MIS for about four weeks (twice a week) and I have a few questions that I hope someone can help with.

First question - regarding one arm rows (back exercise): Whenever I do this exercise, I really concentrate on working my outer back muscles, but I still really feel this exercise in my shoulders and sometimes my biceps. Is this normal? Should I only be feeling this in my back muscles? I follow Cathe's form pointers very very carefully, but I wonder if I am doing this exercise incorrectly.

Second question - regarding the dumbell flies (back exercise): When I lift my arms up, are they suppose to be parallel to the floor? I can only lift them up about halfway, and I'm wondering if I should lower the weights so I can get them up to "parallel" with the floor.

Third question - regarding biceps: Despite doing this workout twice a week for four weeks, I feel like I have not made any progress on my biceps at all. I have been able to slighly increase my weight for all my other body parts - but not for biceps. Is this normal? I'm thinking that maybe my biceps are going to be slower to respond. I have never done crazy-8s before (in any other workout) and they are just killer to me. Same thing with those hammer curls with a twist.

Thanks in advance!
Karyn.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.