Is there a replacement move I can do for those Terminator Squat Thrusts in BC???

Terri1222

Cathlete
I truly have hesitated on asking this, but my body just REFUSES to do those terminator squat thrusts no matter how hard I try (too spastic???).

Is there a replacement move I can do to at least keep my heart rate up during that section?

Thanks!

Terri

Try doing them without the climbers at the low end, and/or without the vertical jumps at the top.

A-jock

Hi Terri! If slowing them down does not make them feel more comfortable to you, you can simply do a consecutive pattern of 1 plyo jack and 2 airborn jumps during this minute. Good Luck!

Thanks so much to all of you (and especially Cathe herself!) for responding to my question.

I've tried slowing them down, and the move just doesn't seem to work for me. Cathe, I think I'll try your suggestion and I'm sure that will work just fine!

Thank you again!

Terri

Terri:

try some different moves for variety, like perhaps a minute's worth of sequential power kicks as in the Intensity drills at the end of Cardio Kicks or maybe a minute's worth of power scissors as at the end of CTX Kickbox.

Both of these would get the heart rate up there and work the legs to fatigue within the minute.

Clare

RE: Is there a replacement move I can do for those Term...

Hi Terri,

I also have problems with these as I found I couldn't get up and down quick enough, and there wasn't enough space between my chest and the floor to bring my legs in and out quickly, without sticking my bum WAY up in the air!:eek:

I've started doing these with the mini step in front of me just for that particular exercise. So rather than having to go all the way down to the floor and back up again, I place my hands on the mini-step instead, which allows me to do the exercise as Cathe and crew do. My heart rate definitely stays up there even though I'm not going all the way down to the floor! If you don't have a mini-step, you could use a chair.

Hope this gives you another alternative!

Good luck!

Kaz.:)

RE: Is there a replacement move I can do for those Term...

Hi Terri,

I use my 8" aerobic step :)

Good Luck!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.