thanks!

mjean

Thank you so much for the input. I did the cardio portion of the wedding tape again today (2nd time) and felt like I was getting it down pretty good. That gives me some more confidence that with time I will probably be able to get the steps down on some of the other tapes. (I hope!) I will spend some time and read some of the other posts about the xpress tapes, they sound really good.
To answer the question as to when I exercise: I get up at about 6:40 (because for some reason I can not seem to get out of bed at 6:30!) and just get right to it. I am usually done and showered by the time everyone starts waking up. I home school my three oldest so I am not pressed for time trying to get them all up and ready for school. My son Alex is 10 and a really big help; if the baby happens to wake up before I'm done Alex is usually awake and will get him and keep him out of the way until I'm finshed. I feel so much better when I can excercise in the morning and that helps me get out of bed. Plus the fact that my baby is 18 months old and I still can't wear my pre-pregnancy jeans is good motivation! (I have about 10 lbs. to go).
It's nice to have other like-minded people to talk with. My husband is not all that into fitness, but he's nice enough to listen to me talk about everything, but he can't really relate. All my good friends just always say how they hate to excercise, but they know they should so they are not all that encouraging either! So I am glad I found this site, I will come here when I am needing encouragement!
One more question before I go - any recommendations for a good step aerobic shoe? My feet are kinda wide(all those babies!). They are not excessively wide but I can't wear Nike's - if that helps. Thanks and have a great day everybody! Melissa

Melissa,

I just got my first pair of Rykas (which I think Cathe endorses, or had endorsed) and I'm quite happy with them. they have a website and I ordered a pair directly from their 800 # on the site. I don't know if they have variable widths.

I exercise at night! pretty late, actually. I often don't finish until around 11 p.m. I know that's unusual but it works well for me. I think we all have different biorhythmns.

Jane

Ryka seems to be the name that keeps popping up so I think I will go try some on and then see if I can get them cheaper online. Thanks for the input! I have a good friend who can't excersise in the morning so she gets it done pretty late at night too. I just want to go to bed and sleep! : )

I also think Ryka is good. I have dozens of shoes--Nike, Adidas. Ryka, Reebok, and Avia. I am something of an athletic shoe addict. My advice is to try on A LOT of shoes. I have been burned by shoes that felt OK in the store and then were really uncomfortable when I worked out. Try on many and don't be afraid to hop around to test for cushioning as well as moving side to side to test for lateral support. That is very important because so many cross trainers are designed for light running and don't support lateral movement like side steps, grapevines, etc. It is also important to get good advice from the sales help. My best luck comes from running shoe stores that also offer aerobic shoes and Lady Foot Locker. Buying shoes through the mail is kind of iffy. I think it's better to try them on before you buy. Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.