Thankful!

DebbieH

Cathlete
Cathe~I think this would be a great time for anyone who wants to respond about a thing or two they are thankful for. I am sooo thankful for a wonderful husband, two beautiful kids and a precious 13 week old granddaughter! I am also thankful for this place to come for encouragement or kind words whenever I need them. I'm thankful for two feet that carried me four miles around the track today and for all my FITNESS friends here! Most of all~I'm glad to be an American! TAG-YOU'RE IT!!!! http://www.plaudersmilies.de/bounce/multijump.gif

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I am thankful for people like Debbie, who can pull a smile out of a sad and weary person and get me to thinking that I am also thankful for a wonderful husband-my best friend-three beautiful, healthy children as well as the terrific one I grew up in-nine sisters and 3 brothers! I also want to express how privlidged, indeed, blessed I feel, like Debbie, to have been born into this great nation which stands for freedom and opportunity and tolerance! God be with you all!

For my husband Phil

For my father and mother, stepmother, 3 brothers and sister, and nephews

For my boss, and the center I work for that assists victims of domestic violence, and the job that I have within that to be of maximum service to our clients

For my friends, the "in-person" friends and the friend in forums of common interest

For my resounding physical health and intellect

For my sobriety

For being in a country that believes in the freedoms, power and the responsibilities of the individual

For my aqua class participants

For any opportunity to be of help and service

To be alive in this moment

This could go on for a long time. Thanks, DebbieH. Great question.

L'Chaim

Annette

Hi Debbie! Bobbi is right, leave it to you to find a way to bring a smile to ones face :)! With all that has happened the strongest feeling that came to my mind as I read your post was that I am simply thankful to be ALIVE! Of course there is so much more that I am also very thankful for, however, this is the one that strikes the hardest right now.

Thank you for helping to lift our spirits Debbie!

I am thankful for many, many things but I will just list a few of them:

1. My husband who is wonderful provider and great friend.

2. My son who lights up my life (and keeps me very busy).

3. My parents--can't say enough about them.

4. My brother. My love for him is HUGE. Also my sister-in-law.

5. My health. I have the ability to walk and use every one of my senses and sometimes do that at the same time. LOL! I can exercise, do yard work, run with my little boy and many other things.

6. My church family and my forum family.

7. My country. I am PROUD to say I am an american. Only by the grace of God was I born into such a great nation.

8. Most importantly, I am thankful for my God!

I could probably go on much longer but these are at the top of the list. When a tragedy of this magnitude happens it really does put your "little" problems in perspective.

Kelly

That my family is alive and well

That all Americans have banded together to help those impacted by this disaster

That the majority of the world has sent condolences to the US and are condemning this act of violence

I just have to add this, I am not happy for the reason why but I am thankful that there will be no football this Sunday. We can make it an extra fun family day :)

Joyce

BTW to Cathe and DebbieH, I'm not sure who said this - "Children are God's way of saying that the world must go on!" And it most definetly will!

DebbieH: Only you could put a smile on my face...THANK YOU!!!

I am thankful for my husband who is truly my best friend, knows me better than anyone else, and STILL loves me anyway!

I am thankful for my beautiful son, who is strong and healthy, and is truly the love of my life.

I am thankful for the family I have, my parents who are still alive and (somewhat) healthy....my brother who made it through the WTC tragedy even though he was there for it...even my other brother, who though I'm not close to him, I know he would be there for me no matter what.

I am thankful for the strength of American spirit that has shone through so brightly during this tragedy.

I am thankful for God.

Terri

Hi Debbie,

I feel numb & sad, & yet you made me smile. I am thankful for you.

I am thankful for Cinza, & Kathy & all the wonderful friends I have found here.

I am thankful for all my dear friends here in "person".

I am thankful for Cathe who taught me what truly fit means. What a wonderful lady she is.

I am thankful for my health.

I am thankful for my husband who is my best friend, for my sister Molly who means everything to me, for my nieces Sambina & Brooke, who are the joy of my life.

I am thankful for my dog, Diana, who lets me hug her & cry into her warm soft neck whenever I need to. And I am thankful for my job, trying so hard to help the animals I love so much.

I am thankful for my freedom & for everyone in the world who shares that feeling.

I'm sure there is much more. Thank you for reminding me.

Ruth

Debbie-
I think we would all agree that we are thankful to know a person with such a spirit as yours. Thank you for this post, as I sit here trying not to cry anymore!
I am most thankful for my family--including my boyfriend, mom, sisters, and cat (;-) ).
I am incredibly thankful that my sister slept in and did not make it in time to catch the train that would have dropped her off at the World Trade Center. Ughh.
I am thankful for my health.
I am thankful that I get to work with 3-year-old children every day. There is nothing like it, and I love it completely.
I am so thankful for this forum.
I am thankful that I live in this great country.
:)
Wendy

My response will be politically incorrect, but you ask what I personally am thankful for so here it goes.....

1.) I am thankful that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins and rose again, so that there is everlasting life. (Thank You Jesus!)

2.) My husband & family & Church

3.) Health

4.) I am definitely proud & thankful to be an American, so I can be free!!!

5.) Last but definitely not least, this board for so many times that without knowing it, every one of you gave me encouragement and motivation to keep trying and moving no matter how many times I would give up on exercise and healthy eating to just start up all over again. Yes I just decided to start back up yet again, I will eventually make them a habit. Thank you Cathe & the family board members.

Nikki

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.