Test Drive The New Forum

SNM Videos

Administrator
Several months ago we told you about our new forum software that we’ve been working on. We have been working very hard with the software provider to make the new forum as similar to the old one as possible. We’re now finished and are ready to beta test the new forum and we would like you to help us out.
The new forum is located on our new-dedicated server that is hooked up to two fiber optic T-3 lines. Here is the url that you need to go to: http://64.225.138.194/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.pl?az=login

You can still use your current user id, but you will need to obtain a new password by clicking on “Click here to retrieve your password”. A new password will be sent to you by email. You can then change the password to your old password or whatever you like by clicking the USER button at the top of the page.

Probably the most interesting new feature is collapsible threads. You will find this option on the upper left hand corner of each main page on every forum. We received numerous request and complaints when we changed our software the last time due to the amount of scrolling that was required on each main page. This new feature will allow you to have your main page look exactly like our current forum or to collapse the threads and reduce scrolling.

Please feel free to post on the new forum. If you have any problems please make sure to tell us what browser you’re using and if you are using a Mac or PC. Also tell us if you are behind a firewall. We’re not going to respond to these posts, but will read them. Our current forum should still be used for any questions you would like answered. All post on the new forum will be deleted once we bring it online.

I like it...

especially all the extra smilies
happy.gif

I do have a question on the new profile form. You have a space for a signiture. I am assuming it's like the one over at VF. I filled in the space using the same URL that I use over there..but with the new brackets [] and nothing comes up..also tried it with just my name..still nothing. Any secret to it..or did I misunderstand the signiture thing.
happy.gif

Of course, I looked at it quickly, but can we still put pics in there?

nancy:O)

oops...

just noticed, it's ok if you can't respond to this and I do have a Gateway regular PC with IE browser.

Nancy!

I also cannot figure out the signature part. Where did you find the new profile form? I couldn't find it. Loved your scrolling CardioKicks!TIA!!

DebbieH (Still my OLD signature!!)

Good Question

No time now, but I'll take a look at it this coming weekend and get back to you. We haven't really worked on the profile page yet, and I see several changes we need to make.

Hey Debbie:O)

It ended up popping up somewhere on the icon menu above the posts...like it does here. But I don't know if it was on everypage??? Now that didn't really help at all...did it
wink.gif

How do you do it??

Over at VF there are cool pictures with signatures, but how do people get those pictures there?? This seems like a good time to gfigure that out. It will give me a little time to come up with a good one!
Thanks!

Hi Jul

About those pictures
happy.gif

First you need a site on the web to store all your images and pictures. You can usually make a quick and easy webpage with people like AOL or other carriers. This gives you a bulletin board that you can then use to link your pics with html codes to the posts.

If the Forum software has a signiture feature in your profile, you can fill it in and then when you post, it automatically fills in your signiture.

It's pretty fun...glad to see it as a feature here
happy.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.