Terrible customer service ????????

editstein

Cathlete
Hi everybody !
Yesterday I was surfing in a new (to me)forum @ mindundermuscle and I was very surprised to see a few posts regarding Cathe's customer service.
Basically they were telling she has the worst, rudest customer service ever and that she should be informed about it also becuse she has lost customers for it.

Totally honestly I was really surprised reading this because here I have always read wonderful reviews and I have never personally dealed with it because I have ordered online without incurring in anykind of problems, even if the shipment were going to Italy where I live.

Maybe these people were exaggerating it , I don't know, but being so fond of Cathy I was very sorry to read it and just wished to inform her about what had been said .

Ciao,

Samantha

RE: I beg to differ . . .

I know I'm not Cathe, but I had to chime in here . . . I have never had such DELIGHTFUL customer service by phone as when I've called SNM to order Cathe products. In fact, I think I've reached the same C.S. associate each time, a wonderful lady who loves to laugh . . . and I love to get her laughing into the bargain. Took my order, repeated the order information for accuracy, no fuss, no muss.

Plus, look at how Cathe's company handled the problem when the Ab Hits DVD first came out - there were numerous DVD's that had unanticipated glitches; it didn't take but a couple of days for SNM to announce to ALL of its DVD purchasers that they were sending out replacement DVD's without having to contact SNM individually. No questions, no quibbling.

That's customer service.

IMHO, I'll predict those who felt - and said - they were given poor customer service are just poor-spirited individuals, and project their own attitude onto everyone else.

A-jock

Very surprising to me as well! I always order my videos through cksales b/c it is canadian.They are awesome to deal with.
you never know who is behind the scenes that we don't see.But I can also say that there are certain people in this world and it doesn't take much to ruffle their feathers.So, whatever a cathe customer rep may have said or didn't say could have easily been blown way out of proportion and exaggerated b/c it got into the wrong ears.
Personally, if someone were rude to me around here,I would still buy Cathe's videos.Were not buying her workouts just b/c she has great customer service but b/c of the great workouts.Be as nasty as you want just give me my tape!:7
LOri

Why?

Samantha,

I won't even pretend to be Cathe on this one. I'm a little disturbed by the fact that you felt you had to bring this over here. If the people at MUM wanted to file a complaint with Cathe, I'm sure they would do it. I think I know them well enough to know that.

Sometimes customer service stinks no matter how good everyone else has had it & we all vent about it. Ever go to your favorite resturant & get a bad server? I have & I still go back. Yes, I gripe about it. But that doesn't mean I want to file a complaint with the management about it. It happens sometimes.

I think the complaint regarding customer service should be left up to the person receiving bad customer service & should not come second hand. Your post, IMHO, serves no purpose except to upset members of another forum & Cathe.

As a member of MUM, I have posted a thread over there telling the people that this was done. But also saying as a member of MUM, that I'll get over it but that I just wanted to vent about it. Hope you'll come back because we really are a great bunch of people.

Deborah--formerly known as GettingFit, now the Fitness Goddess thanks to Cathe! LOL [link:www.mindundermuscle.com/web%20pages/hawver|http://www.mindundermuscle.com/HB.gif]

Ditto, nothing but great customer service consistently! :)

And even if it was crappy, I'm with Lori, just send me my tapes, I'll get over it! :)

But there are always unhappy people in this world who would rather waste the time and energy to post something negative than spend the time rectifying the problem.
But I've only had pleasant experiences with Cathe's customer service, and I think the attention they give to each of us as though we were the only customer is wonderful!

Donna

Fitness~It's a journey, not a race!

RE: Why?

That thread was started at the same time that there was a lot of complaining going on about some FitPrime decisions. Many times Cathe is held up as having perfect customer service to other companies whose customer service is sometimes lacking. The whole point of that thread was that even Cathe's employees are not always perfect, no one and no company is. I realize how it could look to someone who did not know the history of the entire situation, but it did say later in the thread, it was started only to prove that no company is perfect.

My personal opinion is that Cathe does has the best customer service in the industry, but no company is perfect, and any customer service rep can have a bad day and not always be at their best.

I agree, the thread should not have been brought here.

Impossible!

SNM's customer service is unparalleled. They deliver the goods quickly, orders are accurate and they always answer questions and inquires immediately. I've always been very impressed and can't imagine that anyone could have reason say such harsh words.

RE: Impossible!

I too have had the best customer service w/ Cathe. On line and over the phone. I agree with all of you that this is one of the most professional business on line.

Tina

RE: I beg to differ . . .

"IMHO, I'll predict those who felt - and said - they were given poor customer service are just poor-spirited individuals, and project their own attitude onto everyone else."

Excuse me?!?!? I think you're totally wrong and way off base. I posted in that thread as well that I had NEVER had problems with CS. Well, I received a defective copy of Pyramid Upper Body earlier this week and called the SNM #. The lady was very rude and dry to me as well and told me that there isn't even a CS#, which I'm scratching my head about. I sent a message 2 days ago, on the part of the website where you can do that. No reply. I emailed last night and await a reply for that. Is it true that there is no CS#?
Anyway, these people are entitled to their opinions, whether positive or negative. If your experience has been good, then great for you, but it's not right to label someone as "mean spirited" just b/c they don't share it, had a bad experience and voiced that. The people who posted their complaints at MUM are my friends and are VERY nice, and generous people.
For the record, I have no qualms about giving a co feedback on their CS both good and bad, and will continue to do so. In that thread I posted that I'd never had a problem (but have always ordered online and never spoke with a human anyway), but if I did I WOULD post it here b/c businesses need to know the positive and negative. I'm waiting to see what happens with my own problem and wasn't going to post about it unless needed, but since this thread is here and that comment was made, I felt I needed to reply.

>I know I'm not Cathe, but
>I had to chime in
>here . . . I
>have never had such DELIGHTFUL
>customer service by phone as
>when I've called SNM to
>order Cathe products. In
>fact, I think I've reached
>the same C.S. associate each
>time, a wonderful lady who
>loves to laugh . .
>. and I love to
>get her laughing into the
>bargain. Took my order,
>repeated the order information for
>accuracy, no fuss, no muss.
>
>
>Plus, look at how Cathe's company
>handled the problem when the
>Ab Hits DVD first came
>out - there were numerous
>DVD's that had unanticipated glitches;
>it didn't take but a
>couple of days for SNM
>to announce to ALL of
>its DVD purchasers that they
>were sending out replacement DVD's
>without having to contact SNM
>individually. No questions, no
>quibbling.
>
>That's customer service.
>
>IMHO, I'll predict those who felt
>- and said - they
>were given poor customer service
>are just poor-spirited individuals, and
>project their own attitude onto
>everyone else.
>
>A-jock

Samantha - Good customer service or bad customer service, this forum is for questions to CATHE about her videos and other fitness related issues. This thread doesn't belong here. If you feel you need to discuss it, at least take it to the Open Discussion forum. If you still feel SNM should be aware of some thread on another website then email them directly, their email address is posted all over this website. Looked to me like people were just venting anyway, if they want to complain to SNM can't they just take care of it themselves?

Well, I think Cathe would want to know if people are unhappy...but I have to say that I've only had superior service from her company. I emailed them and they were EXTRA helpful and nice in their email back to me the next day. Plus, they have the fastest delivery of any company around! I joked that Cathe must be driving up to my house herself!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-03 AT 11:38AM (Est)[/font][p]Oh dear I too read about this at MUM but decided not to comment here as the encouragement there was to contact Cathe through SNM for those individuals who suffered.

My point if there is one is that I don't think editstein meant to start anything she just felt that Cathe should be aware of this. Whether she should have posted here or not is another matter.

I in principle agree with Aquajock personally I have never had anything but good customer service from SNM but there workload has been heavy recently with the new vids and dvd's being produced and Cathe and her staff have put so much time and effort into them. I noticed someone posted recently regarding not having an email they sent to SNM replied to, and both Cathe and SNM replied Cathe thanking the poster for there patience but explaining that there was alot going on and they had not been able to reply to the email.

I just thought that this thread was getting very aggressive when I don't think it should have it was not an actual critism of Cathe or SNM.

Babs

>Samantha,
>
>I won't even pretend to be
>Cathe on this one.
>I'm a little disturbed by
>the fact that you felt
>you had to bring this
>over here. If the
>people at MUM wanted to
>file a complaint with Cathe,
>I'm sure they would do
>it. I think I
>know them well enough to
>know that.
>
>Sometimes customer service stinks no matter
>how good everyone else has
>had it & we all
>vent about it. Ever go
>to your favorite resturant &
>get a bad server?
>I have & I still
>go back. Yes, I
>gripe about it. But
>that doesn't mean I want
>to file a complaint with
>the management about it.
>It happens sometimes.
>
>I think the complaint regarding customer
>service should be left up
>to the person receiving bad
>customer service & should not
>come second hand. Your
>post, IMHO, serves no purpose
>except to upset members of
>another forum & Cathe.
>
>As a member of MUM, I
>have posted a thread over
>there telling the people that
>this was done. But
>also saying as a member
>of MUM, that I'll get
>over it but that I
>just wanted to vent about
>it. Hope you'll come
>back because we really are
>a great bunch of people.
>
>
>Deborah--formerly known as GettingFit, now the
>Fitness Goddess thanks to Cathe!
>LOL [link:www.mindundermuscle.com/web%20pages/hawver|http://www.mindundermuscle.com/HB.gif]

Hi Deborah, I really had no bad intentions bringing the question up here, I just wished to tell Cathe! So if there was any issue going on she would have been able to solve it, if not who cares !
And, if I remember correctly, there was more than 1 person to complain about it and thery were saying as well that she should be informed. I didn't think to be uncorrect, it was not my intention. i didn't say they were right or wrong, I just reported my personal good experience and left to her how to take it.
I am sorry if u feel like I hVE BEEN MEAN BUT I TELL u ONCE MORE, IT WAS NOT WHAT i MEANT, i PROMISE !

Also i don't understand u when u say U hope I come back to MUm : sorry, i missed something here ! why shouldn't I ? Have i ever said I am not willing to anylonger ???!? Of course i will go back there !!!

Ciao

Samantha

>Well, I think Cathe would want
>to know if people are
>unhappy...but I have to say
>that I've only had superior
>service from her company. I
>emailed them and they were
>EXTRA helpful and nice in
>their email back to me
>the next day. Plus, they
>have the fastest delivery of
>any company around! I joked
>that Cathe must be driving
>up to my house herself!
>

Barbie, u got my point, i just wished to let Cathe know it !
As i said before, I never had a problem with SNM !

Someone else said I should have posted somewhere else...sorry ! I thought this forum had more chances to be read directly from Cathe !

Right Babs, I was not criticising cathe and I don't really understand the aggressive replies I have got !!!:-hmmm
Maye it is my poor english but i didn't think to have said anything against anyone !
regarding the forum choice, sorry if it was wrong but I thought this was the place to direclty ask/say things to Cathe !
:) ;) :)
Samantha

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-03 AT 12:26PM (Est)[/font][p]>Hi Deborah, I really had no
>bad intentions bringing the question
>up here, I just wished
>to tell Cathe! >Samantha

If you wanted to tell Cathe -- why not email her and not post it on the forum? Someone posted their opinion on another board and you brought it over here. What were you trying to accomplish? I do not mean this to sound harsh so if it does, please forgive me.

The people at MUM are wonderful. When they heard of my need to get my two boys medically necessary power wheelchairs because Medicaid had turned me down -- they set up a website for my sons and are helping me fundraise. These are the most generous, giving people I have ever had the privilege to meet.

Susan

I don't see any harm done Samantha, it's just my opinion that customer service issues should be directed toward the customer service people, not necessarily in the Ask Cathe forum. I understand your intent though and apologize if I sounded harsh.

>I don't see any harm done
>Samantha, it's just my opinion
>that customer service issues should
>be directed toward the customer
>service people, not necessarily in
>the Ask Cathe forum. I
>understand your intent though and
>apologize if I sounded harsh.
>
It is ok Lizzie :)!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-03 AT 01:46PM (Est)[/font][p]SNM is top notch. The best. Barring none. End of story.

Jillybean!

I agree with you! The Intensity Series was my first ever purchase with SNM and Cathe. I received my videos on a Friday and watched them in the order that they were set up in the box. When I got to tape number 4 Sunday afternoon it was ruined! Not quite 8 minutes into the actually workout the tape started going bad. I emailed customer service the following Monday morning. Got a response in about 15 minutes! They were great - suggested that I finish previewing the last two tapes (just in case) before they mailed out a replacement copy. Within a week I had my new copy! I have never had such wonderful customer service!

Hats off to SNM! :)

I've also called in - I was getting antsy about receiving the IS videos, couldn't getting any info fromt he tracking service (my fault, I forgot which work number I entered on my fax order). The gentleman I spoke with, immediately faxed my dilemma over to CS. Right about the same I figured out the number I had used (minus the 1) and I was getting a return call. I told both guys that they were just a little too quick for me. I had a good morning laugh in with both of them! :)

But you know, I think most customer service experiences have a lot to do with the attitude of both parties.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.