Teaching

L

Liza

Hi Cathe,

Was wondering if you had any suggestions? Teaching Kickboxing?
just getting into it and have watched many videos. How do you
put your routines together and how do you know what to say?
Does it just come with practice? Thanks for any suggestions
you may have. (by the way - its Lisa and Eileen the ones that
came to take you class and missed it - sent you an email about the rest of our adventure - when you have a chance)

Hi Liza! Although the traffic had really soured the day(by causing you to miss my class)I'm still happy that we had the opportunity to briefly meet. You and Eilen seem very nice(and very fit too). I'm glad that you were at least able to burn off your stress on the treadmills--they were smokin':)!

As for teaching kickboxing, practice makes(working on)perfect. Basically all that I did was go to two certification coarses and contact a lot of pro's in the field. Then I took all of this knowledge and started watching some kick box classes in action. Since many of them were very hardcore, I worked with the concepts that I liked and avoided those that I didn't. Then after I had the baby, I worked on my form and flexibility(which is a continuous process). After about 5 months I felt comfortable putting together my modified version of a kickbox class and slowly started teaching it. Each week I added/changed/deleted things until it started to feel smooth. Knowing what to say will come more naturally once you are familiar with the kickbox terms.

Good Luck with everything!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.