Sustainable Rotation

lora-kate

Hi Cathe!

I am trying to develop a rotation that is completely sustainable so that I can try to cut down on the amount of time I contemplate changing mine. I am looking for a long, lean sculpted physique (who isn't) so I think my goal is strength/endurance. I am 5'8" and could probably lose about 5 pounds (I should not have bought that halloween candy!) So this is what I have been thinking. I will do 3-4 cardio sessions per week with some yoga and pilates. I find that if I do 5 or more cardio workouts per week I land up feeling tired and usually get sick more often. Then I will do 3-4 week blocks of strength, strength/endurance, and endurance. For example:

Week 1-4 Strength - PS series once per week
Week 5-8 Strength/endurance - Xpress workout
Week 9-12 Endurance - 1 Power hour and 2 bodypump per week

week 13-16 Strength - Slow and Heavy once per week
week 17-20 Strength/Endurance - MIS 2-3 times per week
week 21-24 Endurance - 2 Power hour and 1 Bodypump per week

Then when you come out with new weight workouts I can just slot them into the right category and easily make up a new rotation. You often mention doing the PS series for 8-12 weeks at a time so I am unsure if 4 weeks is sufficient and if I should be repeating it more often.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks Cathe!

P.S. I hope your pregnancy is going well. It's always hard to pamper yourself with another little guy running around.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.