STS information

ohiogirl63

I have recently lost 115 pounds in about 8 months after having weight loss surgery. My doctor says I need to build muscle and tone up the loose skin. I have not lifted weights in a long time. I now weigh 163 pounds. Would a beginner in my position benefit from the STS program? Would it be better for me to start with #2? Would it be too much for me to undertake? I'm committed to getting in shape. I've had issues that have limited my exercise but now seem to be resolving slowly. Mostly with eating so I had very little energy. I would appreciate any information that you could give for my specific situation. I know it is a lot to ask but thank you in advance for any help you can give.

You may want to post this on the open discussion section as well. There are so many forum members of all fitness levels out there!

The one thing about STS is that the weights are solely based on your (key word) 1 rep max and no one else's. Don't feel bad about what weight you have to start at. It's seriously all about you. If you start of at 2 lb, you've got nowhere to go but up! Good luck!

I have recently lost 115 pounds in about 8 months after having weight loss surgery. My doctor says I need to build muscle and tone up the loose skin. I have not lifted weights in a long time. I now weigh 163 pounds. Would a beginner in my position benefit from the STS program? Would it be better for me to start with #2? Would it be too much for me to undertake? I'm committed to getting in shape. I've had issues that have limited my exercise but now seem to be resolving slowly. Mostly with eating so I had very little energy. I would appreciate any information that you could give for my specific situation. I know it is a lot to ask but thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.